CROWN Cork & Seal USA, Inc., a wholly owned company of Crown Holdings, Inc. is a global leader in the design, manufacture and sale of packaging products for consumer goods. At Crown, we are passionate about helping our customers build their brands and connect with consumers around the world. We do this by delivering innovative packaging that offers significant value for brand owners, retailers and consumers alike. With operations in 36 countries employing over 24,000 people and net sales of $8.3 billion, we are uniquely positioned to bring best practices in quality and manufacturing to our customers to drive their businesses locally and globally. Sustaining a leadership position requires us to build a team of highly talented, dedicated and driven individuals. Division Overview:
Crown's Beverage Division manufactures a variety of packaging solutions for soft drinks, craft beers, coffees and teas as well as new energy drinks. Crown Beverage leads the packaging industry with innovative technologies that redefine how the world looks at beverage cans. With a large printable surface area and a wide range of sizes, shapes and decorating options, our aluminum cans are the perfect packaging format to create compelling brand presence where it counts. Here is your chance to join the Crown Beverage Division. Location:
1035 E. North St.
The Quality Control Technician works closely with Supervision and to ensure optimum levels in Quality Inspections, Testing, Package identification, and Final packaging.Duties And Responsibilities:
- Reporting directly to the Quality Assurance Manager and Production Supervisor, the Quality Control Technician responsibilities would include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Understand and follow verbal instructions to completion of assigned tasks.
- With focus on Safety and Spoilage, the responsibility of the Quality Control Technician will ensure a quality product is produced thru inspections and testing.
- Responsible for the quality of all operations of all process for the production of aluminum beverage cans.
- Ability to identify quality problems, and disposition. .
- Communicates all pertinent information between management, co-workers, and between shifts on changes to equipment, production problems or any other related information.
- Assists and trains and/or coaching of all new Technicians as needed or required. Applies skills, methods to improve plant production.
- Responsible in following JHA's, SOP's, Rules, 6S Housekeeping, maintaining gauging equipment and modifications of existing production standards to achieve optimal efficiencies
- Enter information into a computer to document data.
- Accurate and continuous quality checks and record keeping required.
- Complete and/or administer necessary documentation such as monthly SAFE cards, accident/near miss/hazard reporting, and data process control input.
- Performs other job-related duties as required or assigned.
In addition to the specific responsibilities listed above, the ideal candidate will possess the following:
- High School Education/GED
- 2-3 year(s) experience with computer skills in inspecting, testing, packaging and high speed manufacturing environment.
- Must be available to work various shifts if needed and be able to work nights, weekends, and overtime to cover absences or provide additional support.
- Knowledge of all OSHA related training in a manufacturing environment.
- Beverage Packaging Quality industry experience
- Knowledge of AS400, QAS, and NWA
- 6S Training
- Problem solving skills through an individual and/or collaborative approach
- Ability to work independently or with a team.
- With consensus be able to look at new solutions and "think outside the box".
- Effective leadership skills such as conflict resolution, communication, decision making, etc.
- Demonstrated good relations skills and the ability to motivate or team with people.
- Excellent time management skills and multi-tasking.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Computer skills and working knowledge of various Microsoft programs (Excel, Word, Access, etc.).
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands, reach with hands and arms, and may be required to balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The associate may lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Generally works in a manufacturing, office, packaging, and warehouse environment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be exposed to light lifting, warehouse forklift traffic.
- Production noise level is frequently loud.
- *Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Crown offers competitive pay, comprehensive benefits including free company paid health insurance for employees as well as company matched 401(k).
- Take the next step in your career and apply online today at www.crowncork.com/careers.
Crown is an equal opportunity employer. Crown does not discriminate against any candidate or employee on the basis of race, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Posting ID: 598938104Posted: 2021-01-13