We have a part-time opening for a Probationary Corrections officer (C/O).
Must be able to work various shifts per week.
- No experience required.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Background check required.
|Position: Probationary Corrections Officer |
|Location: Kansas City, MO |
|Job Id: 103 |
|# of Openings: 21 |
Salary: $12.60/hour - starting
$13.23/hour - after 6 months*
$14.55/hour - after 1 year*
* - Must 'Meet Expectations' on performance evaluation and meet other qualifications noted Corrections Salary Schedule.
- Provides security for inmates housed at the Jackson County Detention Center.
- The employee must follow written procedures and guidelines in the department's policy and procedure manual.
- After successful completion of a 6 month probationary period employees are eligible to receive increase to $13.23/hour then after 12 months of employment, they will be eligible to receive an increase to $14.55/hour
- Probationary Corrections Officers works on a compressed schedule of twelve hour shifts .
- Overtime is required and the employee is subject to being called in when staffing shortages, department emergencies arise.
- Must have a High School diploma/GED (Bachelor's Degree in corrections preferred),
- Must be at least age 20.
- Must have/maintain valid driver's license, have/maintain working telephone in the residence.
- Must pass Corrections Officer exam, police background/motor vehicle record check, drug screen test and physical examination.
- Must work mandatory overtime and maintain sufficient physical dexterity to perform essential elements of the position.BARGAINING UNIT POSITION.
Posting ID: 41415567Posted: 2020-07-14