Odyssey Logistics & Technology is a leader in the logistics industry. Our cutting-edge technologies deliver high-value logistics strategies and tailored solutions across multiple transportation modes backed by the power of a freight network exceeding $3B globally.
Are you interested in joining a WINning team? We are looking for a Director, Business Development to join our Web Integrated Network (WIN) Team at our Global HQ office in Danbury, CT.
If you're a rock-star sales/logistics professional with a passion for thought leadership who is ready to build and inspire a national sales organization, and help us win, this role might be for you!
What you'll be doing:
- Develop the WIN Business sales strategy, manage effectiveness, and deliver results
- Manage relationships between Sales team and parallel groups (seamless communication between procurement, onboarding, client success) to establish successful support, channel and partner programs consistent with the overall business objectives
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Operations, Account Management teams and others to implement targeted sales strategy
- Evaluate strategic business opportunities and develop unique sales channels while maintaining Implement and direct sales forecasting, planning and buyer driven sales processes, establishing high levels of quality, accuracy and process consistency for the sales organization
- Develop business plans, forecasts, sales budget, proposals, marketing materials and sales presentations
- Determine hiring needs, identify candidates and manage development of the WIN business sales organization
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) on sales related technologies/tools such as Timetrade, DialSource, SalesForce, etc.
The Ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor's degree in either Business or Logistics, preferred
- Minimum of eight (8) years' experience in sales of Technology and/or Logistics
- Experience in SalesForce required
- Excellent communication skills with a high level of enthusiasm
- Strategic leadership skills; consistent vision and implement effective programs
- Proficiency in Excel
- Willing to travel up to 10-20%
Odyssey is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against qualified applicants with regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetics or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements Odyssey complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. No relocation allowance will be considered unless specifically addressed. All applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Posting ID: 564760401Posted: 2020-08-05