Creating Peace of Mind by Pioneering Safety and Security
At Allegion, we help keep the people you know and love safe and secure where they live, work and visit. With more than 30 brands, 11,000+ employees globally and products sold in 130 countries, we specialize in security around the doorway and beyond.
Legal Manager: Corporate & Securities
Reporting directly to the Deputy General Counsel and Corporate Secretary, the Legal Manager - Corporate & Securities will play a key strategic role in handling Section 16 filings and preparing various other SEC filings, providing substantial support in ESG related matters, creating training materials, reviewing and updating corporate governance related policies, providing substantial support with Board related matters, assisting in M&A matters and other discreet projects, leading all aspects of corporate entity matters, organizing and maintaining all corporate books, handling NYSE listing requirements, and conducting legal research and analysis. Requires highest levels of professionalism, attention to detail, organizational skills, and use of judgment and discretion.
What You Will Do:
SEC (Securities Law) Matters:
- Take lead in preparing and drafting Form 4s for transactions by Section 16 officers; coordinate with broker in preparing such forms (including review of Form 144s); and responsible for filing such forms using software.
- Maintain records related to Section 16 filings in a well-organized and accurate manner.
- Create training materials and checklists regarding the preparation and drafting of Form 4s and other work matters.
- Take initiative to create timelines regarding various SEC filing schedules for the calendar year and the proxy statement including coordination with external service providers.
- Assist in review and preparation of legal and other non-finance exhibits for Form 10-Qs and 10-Ks (annual report).
- Review and analyze other companies' proxy statements for purposes of benchmarking and identifying trends. Make content suggestions to the attorney based on such research and analysis.
- Provide substantial support in ESG related matters, including conducting research, reviewing relevant materials, providing input to the ESG section of our website, and assisting in preparing presentations.
- Take lead in reviewing the annual conflict minerals report in coordination with the global supply compliance manager.
- Responsible for managing the filings for various SEC forms (DEF14, DEFA14, 8-Ks, SDs) using software.
- Conduct various legal researches.
- Update and maintain corporate governance related policies and review periodically with the attorney.
- Work with the Executive Compensation team to update proxy statement with latest numbers, including checking for any inconsistencies or significant changes vs. the year before and further reviewing with the attorney as needed; conduct multiple revisions over a 2-3 month period for accuracy and appropriate formatting.
- Conduct searches and benchmark against the risk factors of peer companies, with the objective of spotting key trends and topics - and sharing findings and suggestions with the attorney.
- Update and maintain various login and passwords related to SEC filings.
General Corporate Matters:
- Organize and maintain corporate books and ensure the books are well organized, accurate, and complete. Coordinate with the Dublin office where the Company is domiciled with regard to all corporate matters.
- Review requests for power of attorneys and resolutions and draft such documents using prior examples and conducting research as needed.
- Review requests for new entity formations (and dissolutions) and draft required incorporation (or dissolution) documents, including coordinating with Tax as needed.
- Take initiative to create form templates for various resolutions and power of attorneys.
- Respond to corporate related questions (e.g., legal entity and signing authority matters) from clients in a timely manner and conduct further research as needed.
- Exercise sound judgment and discretion at all times with regard to various requests/questions from clients.
- Manage database for legal entities and update promptly and accurately; coordinate with regional paralegals and attorneys, as well as regional comptrollers and corporate tax team on a regular basis.
NYSE Listing Matters:
- Responsible for NYSE related listing updates and ensuring compliance with various NYSE listing rules, including staying on top of changes to listing rules and requirements, and reviewing with the attorney as needed.
- Responsible for notifying NYSE and transfer agent of dividend declarations.
- Handle notices to NYSE during proxy season.
Board Related Matters:
- Update and maintain responses to the D&O questionnaires on an annual basis.
- Prepare and load the D&O questionnaires electronically.
- Organize and maintain Board related data, including attendance and annual grants.
- Assist attorney in making substantive updates to the onboarding materials.
- Assist attorney in updating and maintaining Board schedules.
Irish Corporate Matters:
- Take lead in reviewing drafts of various required filings under Irish corporate law.
- Assist attorney in M&A related matters.
- Assist attorney with any discreet projects incl. corporate governance related matters. Take initiative to lead or facilitate such projects as needed.
- Proactively engage and take initiative on any opportunities to create guidelines and make improvements regarding work processes.
What You Will Need to Succeed:
- ABA-Paralegal certificate or equivalent in work experience.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience as a corporate paralegal. At least several years of experience in a managerial role, senior corporate paralegal role or equivalent, strongly preferred.
- Experience in other fields requiring logical/analytical thinking and problem-solving skills, such as finance, business or engineering a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Experience with Section 16 Manager, Wdesk or other similar software preferred.
- Experience with drafting power of attorneys and resolutions - and conducting advanced legal research required.
- Experience working at a publicly traded company required.
- Experience leading projects a plus.
- Experience with Form 4 filings a plus.
- Experience with research using Intelligize (or similar search engines) a plus.
- Must have excellent attention to detail and be highly organized.
- Commitment to accuracy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Sound judgment and ability to take initiative.
- Ability to prioritize multiple time-sensitive tasks in a fast-paced setting.
- Highest degree of professional discretion and confidentiality.
- Professional demeanor and attitude.
- Proven ability to work independently.
- Highly motivated.
- Collaborative and team player.
- Receptive to feedback and willing to learn.
Allegion is a Great Place to Grow your Career if:
- You are seeking a rewarding opportunity that allows you to truly help others. With thousands of employees and customers around the world, there's plenty of room to make an impact. As our values state, "this is your business, run with it" .
- You value personal well-being and balance, because we do too!
- You're looking for a company that will invest in your professional development. As we grow, we want you to grow with us.
- You want a culture that promotes work-life balance. Our employees enjoy generous paid time off, because at Allegion we recognize that you have a full life outside of work!
- A commitment to your future with a 401K plan, offering a 6% company match and no vesting period
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts through Perks at Work
- Opportunities to leverage your unique strengths through CliftonStrengths testing and coaching
We Celebrate Who We Are!
Allegion is committed to building and maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace. Together, we embrace all differences and similarities among colleagues, as well as the differences and similarities within the relationships that we foster with customers, suppliers and the communities where we live and work. Whatever your background, experience, race, color, national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, disability status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, we will make sure that you have every opportunity to impress us in your application and the opportunity to give your best at work, not because we're required to, but because it's the right thing to do. We are also committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If for any reason you cannot apply through our career site and require an accommodation or assistance, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team.
REGISTERED IN IRELAND WITH LIMITED LIABILITY REGISTERED NUMBER 527370
We believe in anticipating opportunities
by sharpening our skills
and finding new answers
We believe in a safer, more secure world.
We believe in providing peace of mind.
We believe in being true to ourselves and to those