$26.52/hr, plus $2000 new hire bonus, see details below
We currently have openings for Maintenance Technicians at our Rochester Box plant.
- Hourly rate scale starting at $26.52, leading up to $34.68 that is dependent on knowledge/qualifications. (There is opportunity to grow and advance higher on the pay scale)
- $2,000 sign on bonus
- Vacation time available after 50 day probationary period
This facility manufactures corrugated boxes for local and national accounts. The Maintenance Technician would be reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor and be responsible for following the company's safety policies, including, but not limited to LOTO and machine guarding. The position requires the candidate to have a strong knowledge of lubrication, hydraulics, welding, pneumatic, electrical and electronic technologies. Corrugated experience is a plus.
Maintenance Technician duties/responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Utilize both excellent mechanical skills and knowledge (pneumatics, hydraulics, bearing, power transmission, lubrication)
• Must have a basic knowledge of PLCs, A/C, motors and drives, schematics in our continuous process manufacturing environment to achieve machine uptime metrics
• Work positively with maintenance and operations teams to troubleshoot and solve problems
• Engage in preventative maintenance processes in assigned areas
• On-the-job success in safety, attendance and quality of work
• Excellent teamwork, cooperation and problem solving skills
• Willingness to fully cross-train in other technical areas to enhance capabilities
• Willing and able to work flexible shifts and weekends are required
• Able to work with computer system for maintenance processes and work orders
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to interface with employees and customers
• Ability to adapt to change
• Ability to solve problems and prioritize work
• Ability to bend, squat, kneel and climb frequently
• Ability to stand for long periods of time
• Ability to work with minimum supervision
• Ability to work varied hours/days
• Ability to lift average weighted materials, 50 lbs up to 70 lbs, occasionally
• High School Diploma or GED
• 2 years of maintenance experience in an industrial environment
Prior to initiating employment, all candidates considered will be required to participate in a mechanical qualification test, structured panel interview, criminal background check and physical/drug screen testing.
We offer an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, disability, life and accident insurance, pension and a 401(k) plan. This is a great opportunity to start a career with a dynamic and proven manufacturer in the packaging industry.
Interested candidates that meet the minimum qualifications are encouraged to apply online at www.internationalpaper.com/careers. Due to the number of candidates, only those selected for testing and interviews will be contacted.
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans
Shift start: 7:00AM or 3:00PM or 11:00PM
Shift length: hours
Monday - Friday, some Saturdays, 8-12 hours
This bonus will be paid out into 3 seperate installments (day 60, 6 month mark, and 1 year anniversary)About International Paper
Founded in 1898, International Paper is an American pulp and paper company that manufactures paper, packaging, and wood products. They also offer coated paperboard, corrugated packaging, food containers, and recycling.