SGI Global is seeking a Administrative support to provide data entry, records and data analysis support for the Financial Litigation Unit (FLU) of the Executive Office for the United States Attorneys' Office. The position is based in New Orleans, LA.
The position will support the client by providing a wide variety of clerical and administrative assistance services. The work requires knowledge of processes, procedures, and practices associated with accessing databases, data entry, administrative office skills, attention to detail, quality control techniques to ensure accuracy, and the ability to work independently.
The Records Examiner/Analyst contract position will support the client by performing data entry services as well as evaluation and analytical services, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Perform functions of Data Analyst as stated herein.
- Analyze debtor's ability to pay a debt based upon Government collection standards and asset and liability information provided by third party information searches. Based on analysis, make recommendations to the FLU regarding collectability of a debt.
- Create and manipulate spreadsheets to report completed work and/or support analysis.
- Produce a variety of written documents and materials utilizing a wide range of office software applications.
- Assignments may include integrating output from different database applications, charts, and graphs into word processing documents, presentations, or spreadsheets. Ensure proper format, spelling, punctuation, capitalization, and grammar of all written documents.
- Establish high dollar complex civil debts in the debt collection database in accordance with guidance provided by the FLUs and the Government Program Manager and information on the official internal office referral form. This work includes adding all appropriate payee information for both federal and non-federal payees, ensuring that amounts allocated to payees are accurate and match amounts on the referral form.
- Process transfer debts from other DOJ litigating divisions in accordance with guidance provided by the FLUs and the Government Program Manager. This work includes a review of information as well as generating and emailing instructions for FedWire or Pay.gov.
- Assume administrative responsibilities for special assessment only debts and low dollar debts (i.e. $2,500 and lower). This time sensitive and critical work requires monthly monitoring of cases.
- Monitor the status of debtor payment plans to identify deficiencies and call or send delinquent payment reminders to debtors.
- Communicate in a professional and courteous manner with the Office of Legal Programs management, Government officials, and/or delinquent judgment debtors.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Possess a high school diploma, with a minimum of one (1) years of professional work experience, including data entry responsibilities.
- Work independently and efficiently, with the ability to multi-task and prioritize a shifting workload.
- Retrieve and analyze data and information from multiple sources.
- Attention to detail and quality control techniques to ensure accuracy.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- A good working knowledge of legal procedures as well as civil and criminal case terminology.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software programs (i.e., Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook) and in accessing, learning and maintaining various databases and on-line resource search engines.
- Operate a variety of office equipment, including personal computers, photocopiers, telephone systems, and scanners.
- Perform editing, reformatting, and generating written and electronic documents using MS Word and other document generation software.
SGI Global provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Posting ID: 563492978Posted: 2020-11-01