Mental Health Nurse
U.S. Air Force
Today's Airmen face undeniable stresses and unique challenges in the line of duty. Our Mental Health Nurses play a crucial role in helping diagnose and aid in their continued overall health. Providing safe and effective treatment alongside the mental healthcare team, they help promote and foster positive environments as they aid in maintaining the continued health of Airmen around the world.
- Conduct and use nursing research to improve healthcare delivery.
- Develop diagnosis and plans to then implement and evaluate nursing care.
- Manage inpatient care units, provide case management and work with members in the field.
- Monitor patients undergoing detoxification of alcohol or drugs and assist in planning and providing comprehensive mental health services and support.
- Work with individuals, families, groups and communities to assess mental health needs.
The Air Force benefits package is unparalleled in the civilian world. Benefits include:
- 30 days of vacation with pay each year
- Outstanding healthcare coverage for you and your family
- Food and housing assistance
- Generous retirement program
- Continuing medical education opportunities
- Free or low-cost world travel opportunities
This is an active-duty position as an Air Force officer. To be considered, you must meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor's or master's degree in nursing from a school accredited by the NLN or the CCNE
- Knowledge of mental health nursing process, individual/family dynamics in health and during illness
- Minimum 12 months of full-time nursing practice (minimum six of those months practicing specific specialty)
- Civilian mental health nursing experience is creditable
- Completion of eight-week Officer Training School
- Must be a U.S. citizen between the ages of 18 and 47
- Must be willing to relocate
About the Air Force
The mission of the U.S. Air Force is to fly, fight and win in air, space, and cyberspace. We live by three core values: integrity first, service before self and excellence in all we do. The Air Force offers hundreds of careers from healthcare to engineering in order to serve the American people and provide precise and reliable global vigilance, reach and power for the nation.
Posting ID: 544859759Posted: 2020-09-29