Notice to Applicant about this Employer: You are applying for a job with an independently owned cooperative member of Ace Hardware Corporation, who operates this Ace Hardware store, not Ace Hardware Corporation. The independent store owner alone is responsible for and independently makes all decisions concerning employment related matters, including hiring, firing, discipline, supervision, staffing and scheduling. Ace Hardware Corporation will not receive a copy of any applications submitted for this position, and will have no control over interviews and/or hiring decisions, does not control and is not responsible for the employment policies and practices of the independent store owner. If hired, the independent store owner will be your only employer. Ace Hardware Corporation is not the employer for this position. The Ace Hardware trademarks, logos and designs are owned by Ace Hardware Corporation and used by independent store owners under a license from Ace Hardware Corporation.
About Ace Hardware of Woodbury, Ace Hardware of Kent
Locally owned and operated Ace Hardware Stores, in Woodbury and Kent Connecticut
The Assistant Manager manages overall store operations and the achievement of company goals and directives.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Provide positive representation of store.
• Proactively assist customers in solving problems.
• Greet customers entering and throughout the store. Thank customers when finished and when they are leaving the store.
• Provide a friendly, outgoing demeanor; work well with customers as well as associates.
• Ensure all calls and pages are answered promptly, courteously and effectively.
• Handle customer complaints. Work to resolve problems with the customer and have store's best interest taken into consideration.
• Possess excellent product knowledge and knowledge of store layout and location of products.
• Ensure a positive, professional and safe work environment for all associates.
• Supervise the "general operations" of the entire store.
• Responsible for opening and closing the store.
• Assist with the implementation of Store Support Center programs.
• Ensure successful Loss Prevention, Safety and Internal Audits.
• Work with General Manager and Assistant Manager on all aspects of running the store.
• Participate in weekly management staff meetings.
• Communicate issues to the appropriate Store Support Center department with General Manager approval.
• Assist with special projects within the district as set forth by the District Manager.
• Implement new Standard Operating Procedures into store execution.
• Assist with daily maintenance, orderliness and cleanliness of the sales floor, stock room and outdoor merchandise areas.
• Ensure that weekly price changes and label updates are completed timely and accurately.
• Oversee all cashiering functions including training, maintenance, audits, and reports.
• Manage and direct preventative maintenance and repairs in order to maximize and protect all physical assets (i.e. building, fixtures and equipment).
• Visit competition to be familiar with what they are doing.
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
Inventory & Merchandising
• Assist to ensure forklift operations and receiving is completed in a safe and efficient way.
• Assist to ensure receiving, checking in and stocking of merchandise adheres to best practices and Standard Operating Procedures.
• Responsible for maintenance of back stock levels.
• Assist to ensure that cycle counts and negative on hand reports are completed timely and accurately.
• Assist in ordering and maintaining desirable product inventory levels to ensure in-stocks and store profitability.
• Assist with merchandise resets throughout the store.
• Assist to ensure all signage is current in the store.
• Assist in presenting a clean and orderly sales floor, including end caps and promotional and incremental merchandising.
Hiring & Training of Associates
• Assist in training of all associates.
• Actively recruit and promote the advancement of Ace associates.
• Assist in hiring, training, scheduling, reviewing, rewarding and coaching Head Cashiers and Cashiers with the approval of the General Manager.
• Manage all aspects of store operations in the absence of the General Manager.
• Lead by example; be approachable by all associates and customers.
• Participate in store meetings.
• Communicate any merchandising, cost control or sales idea to the General Manager for follow up.
• Prepare and challenge yourself for future advancement.
Other Essential Requirements
Fork Lift Certification- preferred
High School or GED equivalent. Completion of NHRA Advanced Course in Hardware Retailing recommended.
Previous retail management experience preferred. Hardware experience preferred.
Standing, walking, lifting (up to 50 lbs) and climbing.
Posting ID: 558298545Posted: 2020-07-07