BUILD your career with a global, diversified company that provides market leading assessment capabilities and technology services to help clients around the world achieve their goals.
LIVE your passion through a culture that actively supports community involvement and embraces a "whole person" company benefits philosophy including a compensation package designed for your total well-being.
CREATE our future by empowering organizations of all sizes to monitor, measure, and understand information in order to improve effectiveness. For more than four decades, we have been recognized as the trusted source for reliable data capture, assessment, and analysis.
We are the iconic brand in assessment and technology services. We are Scantron professionals.
Scantron is a global, diversified company that provides market leading assessment capabilities and technology services to help learners, educators, business owners, and professionals around the world achieve their goals. We empower organizations of all sizes to monitor, measure, and understand information in order to improve effectiveness. For more than four decades, the Scantron brand has been recognized as the trusted source for assessments, analytics, technology services, managed print, and data capture solutions. Scantron is headquartered in Eagan, MN, with offices in Omaha, NE, Columbia, PA, and in the Research Triangle of NC. www.Scantron.com
- Take charge of your future with our generous 401K savings plan with company match, which is vested from day one.
- Participate in our company wide well-being program that also serves to lower your annual health insurance premiums.
- Explore new education opportunities with our Tuition Reimbursement Plan which covers up to $5,250.
- We offer work-life flexibility, meeting personal obligations along with professional success.
The Technology Sales Consultant will identify and develop new customer relationships in the technology sector to meet or exceed the stated sales goals of the company and will also have account management responsibilities for a very small number of existing accounts. The territory for the Ohio/Philadelphia Account Executive includes Ohio, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Virginia, Maryland, District of Columbia, West Virginia, and North Carolina. This role works with Mid-Market / SMB (defined as 0 - 999 employees). Solutions are mostly geared toward Managed IT Services but also include Cybersecurity, Managed Print Services, Hardware Maintenance Services, and IT related projects.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES (include the following; other duties may be assigned):
- Make necessary contact and communication (written and oral) to ensure customer satisfaction and maximize customer retention
- Perform large account status meetings as required in a thorough and timely manner
- Work with customer to sign up add-on maintenance and maintain accurate lists of equipment under service
- Forward new product opportunities to management for evaluation
- Request sales leads via customer referrals
- Initiate contact via telephone, email, video email, social media, written correspondence, and/or personal visits to begin the sales process
- Utilize SPIN Selling techniques during face to face sales calls to identify the customer needs
- Prepare thorough, professional, and timely proposals to qualified prospects
- Follow up as required to move prospects through the sales process
- Close the sale
- Request additional sales leads via referral
Business Partner Related
- Maintain regular contact with business partners in a specified geographic area
- Work with the appropriate business partner coordinator to foster additional business and maximize our business partner relationships
- Identify and forward qualified dealer leads to the appropriate dealer coordinator
- Update and maintain our sales database according to our established procedures
- Complete prescribed sales forecasts, travel schedules, large account reports, new equipment approvals, and other designated activities in a timely and thorough manner
- Participate in sales training and sales meetings as necessary
- Demonstrate good judgment pertaining to expense control
- Use good judgment and care to maintain company assets in your possession. These assets may include vehicles, computers, price books, as well as other company provides resources
- Attend trade shows and conferences as necessary
- Meet all attendance requirements.
- Work with all facets of the organization to help meet our defined corporate objectives.
- 5 years successful sales experience in the technology (Copiers, Software, telecom, managed services, etc.) space
- Prospecting intensity (hunting role)
- Critical thinking abilities
- Adept at relationship building
- Strong organizational skills
- Current Drivers License
- Ability to travel overnight 1-2 days per week
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from a four-year college or university; or minimum 4 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Influencer – Consensus-building; change management; motivator
- Accountability – Own the work; resolve conflicts; decisiveness; consistency in follow through
- Teamwork – Unify and motivate groups; collaborate with others on problem solving; actively listen to others; and respect individual talents and differences; go above and beyond own area of responsibility
- Customer Focus – Passion for understanding market and customer needs and providing better solutions to our end-customers’ toughest issues
- Relationships – Outstanding interpersonal/relationship management skills
- Brave – Takes personal risks and is prepared to challenge and take a stand
- Imaginative – Innovates by turning good ideas into action
- Integrity – Demonstrates the willingness and ability to do the right thing
Scantron is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Applicants who have disabilities may request that accommodations be made in order to complete the selection process by contacting our Director of Talent Acquisition, Wendy Hinson at 919 657-6903.
EEO is the law. To review your rights under Equal Employment Opportunity please visit: www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.
Powered by JazzHR