Conagra Brands has the most energized, highest-impact culture in food. Our people persistently challenge and disrupt marketplace/business conventions and we are respected for our great brands, great food, great margins and consistent results. Conagra Brands, be part of building something BIG.
This is a remote field position based out of a home office, and can be located anywhere in the Grand Rapids, MI, metro area. Job Summary
Guide the development and implementation of the planning at the account level, focusing on total volume, profit and share growth of the portfolio or assigned categories.Responsibilitiesinclude proactively managing, monitoring, evaluating and updating the overall business plan to meet all volume, profit and share objectives. In addition, the Customer Business Manager is responsible for implementing brand strategies and tactics with customers by working closely with key decision makers, cross functional partners and utilizing consumer insights and category management initiatives to drive customer decision making. Position Responsibilities
- Develop annual strategic plan for the customer and present internally to gain alignment on key opportunities for growth.
- Guide the joint business planning process with the customer with a focus on strategic thought leadership in the categories they represent.
- Utilize Sales Planning tools/ systems to create optimal customer plans.
- Develop and implement trade promotion strategies and tactical plans with the customer.
- Proactively monitor and update the customer's overall business plan, including managing tradebudgets, spendingand volume, to achieve all sales objectives versus plan.
- Conduct post event analysis to evaluate promotional volume, consumption, profit and spending results versus plan and leverage findings to maximize future promotional opportunities.
- Monitor and manage deduction balances and conduct post audits.
- Conduct category business reviews to discuss the state of the business, consumer trends, key business drivers, incremental opportunities, etc.
- Leverage team-dedicated Category Leadership resources appropriately.
- Understand brand strategies and tactics and implement them by working closely with the customer's key decision makers, including buyers, category managers, merchandising leaders, etc.
- Utilize sound category management practices to proactively link consumer and shopper trends and opportunities.
- Guide the customer in the execution of category reviews.
- Develop accurate monthly forecasts in order to maximize supply chain efficiencies by tracking shipments, consumption data and inventorychanges. Proactivelycall out potential risks or threats to monthly forecasts.
- Sell-in new items to customer and work with key customer personnel to achieve optimal distribution.
- Leverage cross functional partners such as Shopper Marketing, Business Planning, Business Development, Category Leadership, etc. resources to develop and implement collaborative marketing programs in alignment with brand and customer strategies.
- Identify profitable opportunities to grow incremental volume.
- Provide direction to Retail Effectiveness Teams on how to implement customer specific plans at store level.
- Bachelors degree required
- 3-5 years Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) industry experience, including field sales and/or headquarter experience
- Customer Experience preferred
- Ability to penetrate and conduct meetings at high levels (ie: SeniorBuyer) with the customer
- Strategic thought leadership
- Problem solving skills
- Technical skills, Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strategic insights for the category & brand, preferred
- Analytical skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Negotiation skills
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Supply chain knowledge
- P&L management
Conagra Brandsis an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.
Posting ID: 567149155Posted: 2020-08-07