Assist with the management of the plant Environment, Health and Safety (EH&S) programs to ensure operations minimize the impact upon the environment and a safe and accident-free work environment. This is a third shift position. Position Responsibilities
- Update, maintain and distribute reports on a routine basis tracking the status of various environment, health & safety metrics and initiatives versus goal.
- Assist in the implementation of corporate initiatives such as the metric tracking systems, training systems, etc.
- Implements safety key concepts to provide the road map to zero injures & world class performance
- Participates in accident investigations & preparation of accident reports
- Assists in monitoring activities for employee health & safety issues
- Assists with the development & maintenance of emergency action plans
- Update and maintain LOTO, Confined Space and other Safety Programs as needed
- Actively engage with employees on the floor
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Risk Management or related discipline and/or 3 years related experience
- Awareness of food safety, quality, and food manufacturing processes preferred.
- Familiarity with Continuous Improvement tools & fundamentals.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must be able to work night shift
- Demonstrated attention to detail required
- Excellent WORD, EXCEL, and OUTLOOK skills
- Conflict resolution and negotiation skills desirable.
- Ability to interpret a variety of technical information in mathematical and/or narrative form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to work third shift
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, and feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; taste and smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The employee will be exposed to a noisy environment that varies from hot to cold in temperature. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Our Benefits:
We care about your total well-being and will support you with the following, subject to your location and role:
- Health: Medical, dental and vision insurance, company-paid life, accident and disability insurance
- Wealth: great salaries, matching 401(k) and stock purchase plan
- Growth: online courses, virtual and classroom development experiences
- Balance: paid-time off, flexible work-schedules
Conagra Brands is one of North America's leading branded food companies. We have a rich heritage of making great food, and a team that's passionate about innovation and growth. Conagra offers choices for every occasion through iconic brands, such as Birds Eye, Marie Callender's, Banquet, Healthy Choice, Slim Jim, Reddi-wip, and Vlasic, and emerging brands, including Angie's BOOMCHICKAPOP, Duke's, Earth Balance, Gardein, and Frontera.
We pride ourselves on having the most impactful, energized and inclusive culture in the food industry. For more information, visit www.conagrabrands.com
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.