Highgate is a premier real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in U.S. gateway markets including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu. Highgate also has a key presence in Barcelona. Highgate's portfolio of global properties represents an aggregate asset value exceeding $10B and generates over $2B in cumulative revenues. The company provides expert guidance through all stages of the hospitality property cycle, from planning and development through recapitalization or disposition. Highgate also has the creativity and bandwidth to develop bespoke hotel brands and utilizes industry leading proprietary revenue management tools that identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive out performance and maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of the industry's most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains corporate offices in London, New York, Dallas, and Seattle. LocationEmployment Status
The Rooms Manager is responsible for assisting in management of front desk, transportation, housekeeping (rooms, laundry and public areas) and reservations in an attentive, friendly, efficient and courteous manner, providing all guests with quality service while maximizing room revenue and productivity, and developing managers and employees. Responsibilities
- Employees must, at all times, be attentive, friendly, helpful, and courteous to all guests, managers, and fellow employees.
- Respond to all guest requests, problems, complaints and/or accidents arising in person or through reservations, comment cards, letters and/or phone calls, in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner. Follow up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Motivate, coach, counsel and discipline all Rooms Division personnel according to Highgate Hotel SOP's.
- Assist in preparing and conducting all Rooms Division interviews and follow hiring procedures according to Highgate Hotel SOP's. Actively support Human Resources with recruiting efforts. Ensure that all managers are in compliance with the standards in their interviewing and hiring procedures.
- Develop employee morale and ensure training of Rooms Division personnel.
- Maintain a professional working relationship and promote open lines of communication with managers, employees and other departments.
- Ensure implementation of all Highgate Hotel policies and house rules. Understand hospitality terms.
- Ensure sign off of all Service Standards by Position competencies for Rooms division managers. Monitor completion of the Service Standards by Position Training Checklists for hourly staff.
- Monitor oversold dates to ensure the maximization of rooms revenue.
- Tour Rooms operating departments daily, greeting employees and soliciting feedback.
- Ensure compliance to Standard of the Week training, using the steps to effective training according to Highgate Hotel standards.
- Assist in maximizing room revenue and occupancy by reviewing status daily. Analyze rate variance, monitor credit report and maintain close observation of daily house count. Monitor selling status of house daily, i.e. flash report, allowances, etc.
- Assist in completing the monthly reforecast.
- Monitor and support the corporate Guest Recognition Program.
- Monitor expenses to ensure expense control and maximize profit, using checkbook accounting as a control mechanism.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with Highgate Hotel SOP's in Rooms and Loss Prevention.
- Conduct walk-throughs of public areas and guestrooms to ensure that cleanliness and maintenance standards are met.
- Attend weekly Rooms Division meeting.
- Perform Rooms Managers' performance reviews according to Highgate Hotel SOP, and ensure that managers are in compliance with the standards in their administration of performance reviews to their employees.
- Monitor labor expenses through schedule approval process and ensure budgeted productivity.
- Prepare department heads for succession through development of their need areas.
- Operate all aspects of the Front Office computer system, including software maintenance, report generation and analysis, and simple programming.
- Monitor proper operation of the main resort telephone and ensure that employees maintain Highgate Hotel SOP's in its use.
- Assist in preparation of revenue and occupancy forecasting.
- Operate radios efficiently and professionally in communicating with hotel staff.
- Coordinate all aspects of the ongoing implementation of the Highgate Hotel philosophy of service.
- Be knowledgeable of the current corporate marketing programs and the standards and procedures for each. Ensure that staff is knowledgeable in understanding and implementing corporate programs.
- Monitor all V.I.P.'s, special guests and requests.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
Posting ID: 602294665Posted: 2021-03-04