Kettering Health is a not-for-profit
network of nine hospitals, Kettering College, and over 160 outpatient facilities serving southwest Ohio. Patients have access to high quality maternity care, state-of-the-art cancer fighting technology, Ohio's leading heart hospital, as well as revolutionary brain and spine surgery. With nearly 14,000 employees and 2,100 physicians, Kettering Health is committed to transforming the healthcare experience with world class health services for every stage of life.
Kettering Health recently celebrated the 50th anniversary of Kettering Medical Center.
As a faith-based organization
we are dedicated to treating all patients with love and respect regardless of religious preference. Multi-denominational Spiritual Services are offered at the network every day.
Kettering Medical Center Overview
- Kettering Medical Center is the flagship hospital of Kettering Health Network and has been serving Kettering, Ohio and the Greater Dayton area since 1964.
- The facility includes the Benjamin and Marian Schuster Heart Hospital, maternity service with a level III neonatal intensive care unit (NICU), and level II Emergency Care.
- In 2020, Kettering Medical Center received an "A" from the Leapfrog Group, a national patient safety watchdog, ranking among the safest hospitals in the United States.
- Received 4 Star Baby-Friendly Hospital status by the Ohio Hospital Association.
- Awarded as one of the 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals by IBM Watson Health in 2020.
- Kettering received the Outstanding Patient Experience Award by Healthgrades (2017-2019).
- Accredited by the American College of Emergency Physicians as a Level 3 Geriatric Emergency Department.
- 465-bed hospital (includes newborn beds)
Responsibilities & Requirements Job Responsibilities
- Performs pre-analytic processing of specimens; collects specimens; accessions, labels and distributes specimens including blood samples by venipuncture and capillary puncture in all patient areas
- Instructs patients in the collection of urine samples and tolerance test in in all patient areas.
- Other duties assigned
- Must be at least 18 years old and/or high school graduation or the equivalent.
- 1 year experience preferred and/or graduation from phlebotomy program
Posting ID: 601829319Posted: 2021-01-25