Medical Assistant Job Description:
Helps patients by providing clinical and business office assistance in the offices and clinics of health care providers, such as, internists, gastroenterologist and cardiologist.
* Welcomes patients by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
* Prepares patients for the health care visit by directing and/or accompanying them to the examining room; providing examination gowns and drapes; helping them to position themselves for the examination and/or treatment; arranging examining room instruments, supplies, and equipment.
* Verifies patient information by interviewing patient; reviewing and/or recording medical history; taking vital signs; confirming purpose of visit or treatment.
* Supports patient care delivery by helping health care providers during examinations; preparing laboratory specimens; performing basic laboratory tests on the premises; disposing of contaminated supplies; administering medications on the premises;drawing blood and taking electrocardiograms.
* Educates patients by providing medication and diet information and instructions; answering questions.
* Completes records by recording patient examination, treatment, and test results.
* Keeps supplies ready by stocking exam rooms.
* Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following, and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
* Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping patient care information confidential.
High School Diploma/GED
Medical Assistant Certification
Bilingual in English/Spanish Fluently
part time position
Knowledge of eClinical Works preferred
Available to work half-day on Saturdays
Posting ID: 572988262Posted: 2020-09-21