Highgate is a premier real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in U.S. gateway markets including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu. Highgate also has a key presence in Barcelona. Highgate's portfolio of global properties represents an aggregate asset value exceeding $10B and generates over $2B in cumulative revenues. The company provides expert guidance through all stages of the hospitality property cycle, from planning and development through recapitalization or disposition. Highgate also has the creativity and bandwidth to develop bespoke hotel brands and utilizes industry leading proprietary revenue management tools that identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive out performance and maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of the industry's most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains corporate offices in London, New York, Dallas, and Seattle. Location
Hilton Garden Inn Key West / The Keys Collection is a brand new hotel that debuted in Key West, the southernmost city in the continental USA, in April 2016. This upscale hotel is set at the entry point of Key West on North Roosevelt Boulevard and is convenient to the island's best attractions such as Old Town, Mallory Square, Smathers Beach and the Hemingway House. The hotel is also close to Duval Street, the center of the action, where Key West's best restaurants, bars, nightlife and shopping reside. Boasting 141 brand new guest rooms, the hotel's facilities include a restaurant, indoor and outdoor bars, pool and Concierge desk, plus an abundance of complimentary amenities.Employment Status
The Complex Director of Housekeeping is responsible for ensuring the operation of the Housekeeping Department in an attentive, friendly, efficient and courteous manner, providing all guests with quality service and a clean and safe environment throughout their stay, while efficiently managing expenses and maximizing service levels. Responsibilities
- Motivate, coach, counsel and discipline all Housekeeping personnel according to Highgate Hotel SOP's.
- Ensure compliance to Standard of the Week training, using the steps to effective training according to Highgate Hotel standards.
- Establish and maintain a regularly scheduled cleaning program (i.e. floor care, hard cleaning, mattress flipping, etc.) and maintain a detailed checklist for each position.
- Maintain and control all housekeeping equipment.
- Ensure compliance with all corporate Risk Management standards (MSDS, HazComm, etc.).
- Conduct monthly guest supplies and cleaning supplies inventories.
- Ensure that large guestroom turns are managed efficiently.
- Ensure consistency with departmental opening and closing procedures.
- Manage vendor contracts (i.e. dry cleaners, window washers, etc.).
- Prepare and conduct all Housekeeping interviews and follow hiring procedures according to Highgate Hotel International SOP's.
- Develop employee morale and ensure training of Housekeeping personnel.
- Inspect rooms daily, and ensure that some rooms are inspected with supervisors on a daily basis.
- Inspect all VIP rooms prior to arrival.
- Ensure that public areas, guest rooms and back-of-house areas are cleaned to Highgate Hotel standards.
- Maintain required pars of all Housekeeping and Laundry supplies by ordering all needed supplies and amenities on a monthly or quarterly basis.
- Conduct monthly and quarterly Housekeeping inventories on a timely basis.
- Ensure guest privacy and security by correctly following Highgate Hotel procedures.
- Monitor work orders and submit to Engineering according to hotel procedures. Follow up on work orders to ensure completion.
- Conduct pre-shift meetings for room attendants and housemen.
- Balance and clear room status nightly; compare the p.m. housekeeping report with the PMS room status report and resolve any discrepancies.
- Review Housekeeping staff's worked hours for payroll compilation and submit to Accounting on a timely basis.
- Prepare employee schedule according to business forecast, payroll budget guidelines and productivity requirements.
- Maintain Highgate Hotel SOP's regarding Purchase Orders, vouchering of invoices and checkbook accounting.
- Maintain a professional working relationship and promote open lines of communication with managers, employees and other departments.
- Ensure implementation of all Highgate Hotel policies and house rules. Understand hospitality terms.
- Ensure sign off of all Service Standards by Position competencies for Housekeeping staff.
- Carry a pager at all times. Operate pagers and radios efficiently and professionally in communicating with hotel staff. Ensure the proper use of radio etiquette within the department.
- Manage and organize large turn days (including group check-ins or check-outs).
- Monitor out-of-order, out-of-service, discrepant and show rooms.
- Must maintain constant communication with Guest Services.
- Monitor and act on special requests as needed; VIPs, special needs rooms, connecting, etc.
- Maintain and monitor "Lost and Found" procedures and policies according to Highgate Hotel standards.
- Establish and maintain key control system.
- Ensure participation within department for monthly Highgate Hotel team meeting.
- Focus the Housekeeping Department on their role in contributing to Medallia Scores.
- Monitor all V.I.P.'s, special guests and requests.
- Review Housekeeping log book and Guest Request log on a daily basis.
Posting ID: 609637278Posted: 2021-03-01