Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts.
As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you're looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
The Front Desk Agent is responsible for maintaining the Brand Standards of Guest Service during check in and check out. This position will follow all front desk procedures to ensure a professional and genuine guest experience. This person will possess outstanding customer service, interpersonal and presentation skills in order to assist and resolve guest issues and complaints. Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Welcomes guests in a warm, friendly, prompt, and professional manner
- Register guests, issue room keys, provide information, process payment for stay, and close out guest accounts at time of check out
- Up-sell rooms when possible to maximize lodging revenue
- Utilize all guest notes to provide preferences on accommodations and services
- Follow proper cash handling procedures outlined in the bank contract and training manual
- Distribute mail/messages/faxes to guests and employees and handle shipping arrangements for guest packages
- Assist at other front desks, internal and external departments as necessary
- Handle confidential and guest information with the highest degree of integrity
- Ensure the area is maintained in an organized manner and kept cleaned every shift. (i.e. entrance, lobby, front desk, back office, storage closets)
- Complete all administrative paperwork in a timely and accurate manner
- At the discretion of the Front Desk Manager, Assistant Front Desk Manager and Front Desk Lead, help train new team members
- Responsible for ensuring that all resort guests have the highest quality guest service experience possible by adhering to the brand standards while maintaining a profitable department.
- Utilize all guest profiles to personalize the guest experience and provide preferences on accomodations and services
- Answer the phone according to brand and resort standards
- Exhibits excellent hospitality guest service skills and demonstrates a strong attention to detail and follow up
- Performs all duties required of the front desk staff and capable of assisting other property management and hotel staff, as necessary, to include filling in other roles such as; concierge, greeter, PBX, Guest Service Agent and any other assistance when called upon
- Exhibits a professional demeanor through appearance and by maintaining a positive attitude toward all employees, managers and guests
- Anticipate guest' needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests
- Develops a strong working relationship with co-workers and managers throughout the property to ensure communication and teamwork are at optimum levels
- Notifies manager or lead if any equipment is broken or supplies are running low
- Practices safe work habits in all types of duties and with all equipment
- Ensure the department leads the charge in regard to recycling efforts and environmental initiative.
- Complies with all Resort policies, procedures and standards of operation
- High School Diploma or Equivalent - required
- At least 1 year of experience in guest service - required
- Previous experience working front desk - preferred
- Good English communication skills - required
The budgeted range starts at $12.32 - $14.40. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
The perks include a free ski pass, and a set of benefits including...
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, and a 401(k) retirement plan
- Hourly employees are generally eligible for accrued Paid Time Off (PTO), Extra Time Off (ETO) and Sick Time. Salaried employees are generally eligible for Flexible Time Off (FTO)
- Paid Parental Leave for eligible mothers and fathers
- Healthcare & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, AD&D, and disability insurance
We're looking for team members who are passionate about their work and the world around them, who take pride in ensuring our guests receive the best possible service and who bring a sense of self and fun to all they do. Life at 9,280 feet in the sky is a little different. With our crisp Rocky Mountain air and boundless options for adventure and exploration, you can join a community who loves where they live and loves what they do. Keystone will be your home away from home; a place where friendliness, an eye for detail and unmatched guest service is the foundation of our Culture. Come join our team - where A Mountain of Possibilities awaits.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 277527
Posting ID: 602294613Posted: 2021-03-01