The MQ-25 Program is the future of unmanned aircraft carrier aviation for the U.S. Navy! The MQ-25 Program is in search of an Electronic Warfare (EW) Integration Engineer to join the Mission Management & Payloads (M&P) team under the Mission Systems IPT in St. Louis, MO. The Electronic Warfare (EW) Integration Engineer will lead the development of integrating EW equipment (i.e., antennas, communication systems, sensors, electronic warfare and other electromagnetic systems) onto the air vehicle and ensure compliance with system performance requirements.
The Boeing MQ-25 Program has an immediate opportunity for an extremely experienced Electronic Warfare (EW) Integration engineer who wants to contribute to teams having significant and measurable positive impact for the future. You will be working with a cross-functional teams to integrate the Mission Management & Payloads (M&P) equipment on the MQ-25 platform. The Electronic Warfare (EW) Integration engineer develops technical design requirements, designs system interfaces, develops test procedures and reports, integrate multiple EW equipment onto air vehicle, conducts testing and analysis of communication systems, sensors, electronic warfare and other electromagnetic systems hardware and software to characterize and verify performance characteristics, and provide technical management and oversight of suppliers.
- Responsible for leading EW integration, monitoring and ensuring requirement performance is being met, engineering analysis to characterize system performance and capabilities as lead engineer
- Develops and validates requirements for various communication, sensor, electronic warfare and other electromagnetic systems and components
- Develops and validates electromagnetic requirements for systems, mechanical systems, interconnects and structures
- Develops architectures to integrate systems and components into higher level systems and platforms
- Performs trade studies, modeling, simulation and other forms of analysis to predict component, interconnects and system performance and to optimize design around established requirements
- Defines and conducts tests to validate performance of designs to requirements
- Manages appropriate aspects of supplier and partner performance to ensure compliance to requirements
- Provides support to EW products throughout their lifecycle by developing root-cause analysis of anomalies and other engineering support as requested
- Supports project management by providing work statement, budget, schedule and other required inputs and by reporting project status
- Research and development activities supporting future growth, enhancements or new business.
- Works under general supervision
- Provides general mentoring
- Interfacing with multiple disciplines internal and external customers, suppliers, and multiple levels of the organization to manage compliance to design integration requirements
This position requires an active U.S. Secret Security Clearance (US Citizenship Required). (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active)
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- 5+ years of experience in developing electronic systems within communication, radar and electronic warfare
- 4+ years of experience in Electronics Warfare or RF Communications
- 5+ years of experience with Fighter Aircraft Electronic Warfare
- 3+ years of experience working with operating radar systems and Electronic Warfare designs and testing
- 1+ years of engineering experience in Electronic Warfare, Modeling and Simulation, or Air Superiority and Strike missions
- 1+ years of experience with lab test, flight test, or systems test
- 2+ years of experience do you have in engineering, program management, or supplier management with supplier oversight responsibility
- 3+ years of experience with Electronic Warfare systems and signal processing
- 3+ years of experience managing priorities in a fast-paced environment and customer service being critical to teams success
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Ability to work well with others
- Ability to work independently as well as within cross-functional team environment
- Ability to manage subcontractor(s)
- Ability to oversee platform antenna integration activities and facilitate hardware deliveries
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve difficult technical problems with minimal oversight or guidance
- One (1) or more years of Hands-on hardware (lab environment) experience with EW/Antenna design or testing.
- One (1) or more years of experience with lab equipment (RF Spectrum and Network Analyzers, Function/Signal generators, Oscilloscope, etc)
- One (1) or more years of experience modeling and simulation experience for EW, EW,C2, antenna design
- One (1) or more years of experience in software development, systems engineering, or integration and test with mission systems on tactical platforms
- One (1) or more years of experience using MATLAB, C++, or other tool(s) for analysis tool development
- Experience with wiring and schematic design interpretation
- Experience with test of antennas, coaxial cables, connectors, waveguides, and RF components including filters, amplifiers and switches
- Experience with preparing and delivering informative briefings on analyses
- Collaborative teamwork skills interacting across multiple disciplines including other systems engineers, software developers, integration teams, quality assurance, production personnel, program managers, and customers
- Experience in Model Base System Engineering (MBSE)
- Experience with DOORS requirement data management tool
- Experience with hardware development activities per the System Engineering Lifecycle
- Experience developing interface control documents
- Experience with weapon system integration testing (lab, ground and flight)
- Working knowledge of MIL-STD-461, MIL-STD-464, or RTCA-DO-160
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Shift Work Statement:
- This position is for 1st shift