The Emergency Medical Specialist, under the direct supervision of a Registered Professional Nurse or a Licensed Physician, assists in the delivery of care to patients within the Emergency Medical Services area(s). The Technician performs a variety of tasks, which include, but are not limited to, clerical and communications. Qualifications
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- Illinois Department of Public Health EMT certificate, certificate of successful completion of Certified nurse's aide training program, enrolled in Nursing school program, or enrolled in Premed with Biology or Chemistry major and have been a unit support attendant for 6 months in the ED required;
- CPR certification required, or obtained during nursing team onboarding process.
- Demonstration of the ability to write and/or print legibly and accurately.
- Successful completion of Unit Based orientation.
- Provides care to patients of all ages under the direction of a registered professional nurse according to policies and procedures and standards of care.
- Checks, cleans and stocks rooms with supplies and linens in preparation for daily work schedule.
- Communicates with patient, family and/or significant other concerning anticipated waiting time and/or obtains information if unknown.
- Provides appropriate assistance with various examinations, procedures and emergency situations (including EKG, suturing, splint application, catheter insertion, sterile dressing change).
- Transport patients in an appropriate manner with appropriate records.
- Communicates with pre-hospital personnel in accordance with department policy and procedures utilizing appropriate communications, equipment and logs.
- Arranges self-directed learning and participates in continuing education.
- Actively participates in competency assessment process.
- Accesses Medication Room only to obtain Supplies.
Posting ID: 585053818Posted: 2020-12-05