**This shift will rotate day/night shifts every 4 weeks (one scheduling block). Depending on current staffing needs (and by mutual agreement with NICU leadership), RN may work additional weeks on either days or nights.
*****Sign-on bonus up to $15,000.00 for those new to EvergreenHealth with 5+ years of current Level III NICU experience*** Pro-rated by FTE. Consideration for relocation assistance on an individual basis
***Sign-on bonus up to $10,000.00 for those new to EvergreenHealth with 2 - 5 years current Level III NICU experience*** Pro-rated by FTE. Consideration for relocation assistance on an individual basis
Recent Level III NICU RN experience required, minimum of two (2) years strongly preferred.
The NICU nurse is responsible for the total direct nursing care of all patients within established standards of care, hospital and unit policies, procedures, and guidelines.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Provides direct patient care and functions as a patient advocate.
2. Assesses the comprehensive nursing needs of an assigned group of patients.
3. Coordinates the patient and family/significant other education process.
4. Continuously plans, implements, and evaluates patient care, incorporating patient and family/significant other into the process.
5. Participates with physician partners and other interdisciplinary team members to develop and implement patient and family/significant other plan of care.
6. Communicates effectively all relevant information (e.g., patient information, safety issues, problems with equipment, quality issues, etc.) to immediate supervisor, in timely way.
7. Communicates and documents changes in patient condition, on a timely basis, to charge nurse/supervisor and physician.
8. Accountable for following the guidelines for attendance, punctuality and overall dependability. Accountable for effective performance and follow-through of all assigned responsibilities and for completing responsibilities within designated (or agreed upon) timeframes. Completes responsibilities in a manner consistent with organizational policy, goals and values.
9. Responsible for the "Accountabilities" associated with this position in support of the organization.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
•Bachelor's in Nursing (BSN) or required within five (5) years of employment if applicable
•Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Washington
•Two years of recent Level III NICU RN experience preferred.
•Current American Heart Association (AHA) Healthcare Provider BLS certification by date of hire
•NRP certification within 4-weeks of hire
•BSN and/or MSN
•Two (2) years of recent Level III NICU RN experience preferred
To learn more about our NICU, please click here.