Clinical Lab Scientist
Temp to Hire or Direct Hire
Tech 1-$26.50-$30.00 per hour
Tech 11-$33-$36.00 per hour
Sr. Tech-$37.00-$39.00 per hour
5 Blue shift (2- AM shift, 3-PM shift)
3 Orange shift (1-AM shift, 2 PM shift)
Orange Shift – Sun-Weds (teams crossover on Weds)
Blue Shift – Weds-Sun (teams crossover on Weds)
AM Shift – 6am-4pm
PM Shift – 12pm-10pm
The Clinical Laboratory Technologist I position will be responsible for processing medically relevant biological samples through extraction or high throughput DNA sequencing assays. This role will work within a team of Laboratorians in a fast-paced, high production setting to process research and clinical diagnostic samples to provide a test result to patients, oncologists and other medical practitioners and researchers. As such, high attention to detail and clinical mindedness are crucial to success in this role.
- Assignment to one of two labs performing either DNA extractions from human biological samples, or PCR amplification and high-throughput sequencing assays on DNA libraries.
- Demonstrate good clinical judgment and integrity.
- Perform DNA extractions, PCR amplification or high-throughput sequencing assays on DNA libraries.
- Perform protocols under compliance with regulatory agencies; model appropriate clinical, regulatory and safety practices.
- Complete tasks as assigned (e.g. routine clinical or research sample processing, validations, reagent QC runs, or special projects) accurately and following strict methodologies.
- Support business goals, knowledge and skills, and cross-functional teamwork.
- Keep accurate and detailed records for all workflows following Good Documentation Practices.
- Operate and maintain laboratory equipment such as liquid handling robotics and DNA sequencers.
- Enter and track data in a laboratory information database (LIMS - Genologics Clarity).
- Ensure compliance with lab regulatory agencies (GxP, FDA, ISO).
- Demonstrate understanding of underlying scientific principles of analytical methods and provide relevant information to Supervisor or Shift Lead to assist with troubleshooting assay or instrument issues leading to appropriate corrective actions.
- Exhibit clear and effective communication to facilitate effective handoff procedures.
- Record non-conformances for all appropriate errors.
- Lead by example and model appropriate cultural and professional behavior.
- Contribute to positive esprit de corps and culture of inclusion and support.
- Provide coverage for staff absences in collaboration with supervisory staff and team leads.
- Maintain continuing education credit requirements.
- Molecular biology skills (e.g. DNA Extraction, Purification, PCR, qPCR, next-generation DNA sequencing) and related technical knowledge
- Competent with laboratory automation and demonstrated laboratory best practices
- Experience working with human blood, tissues and/or cells as well as proper handling of biohazardous material.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, ability to collaborate across teams and disciplines
Education and Experience
- Earned BS degree in a Chemical, Physical or Biological science from an accredited institution, with greater than one years of pertinent molecular laboratory experience subsequent to qualifying of which at least one years have been spent working in a clinical molecular laboratory meeting the definition of high-complexity.
- Earned MS degree with a major in one of the chemical, physical or biological sciences and, subsequent to graduation, has had greater than one years of pertinent molecular laboratory experience of which at least one years have been spent working in a clinical molecular laboratory meeting the definition of high-complexity.
Desired: NGS, ASCP (MB) or MT cert a plus
Must have Actual Experience- PCR, qPCR, DNA extractions, purification (College Research Associate experience is acceptable)
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests-it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.