Pay $18-22 Depending on experience.
We are looking for a skilled Welder to cut and join metals and other materials at our facilities or construction sites. You will operate appropriate equipment to put together mechanical structures or parts with a great deal of precision.
Must be competent in using potentially dangerous equipment following all safety precautions. Have a steady hand and great attention to detail. Knowledge of different kinds of metal and their properties is essential.
- Read blueprints and drawings and take or read measurements to plan layout and procedures
- Determine the appropriate welding equipment or method based on requirements
- Set up components for welding according to specifications (e.g. cut material with powered saws to match measurements)
- Operate angle grinders to prepare the parts that must be welded
- Align components using calipers, rulers etc. and clamp pieces
- Weld components using manual or semi-automatic welding equipment in various positions (vertical, horizontal or overhead)
- Repair machinery and other components by welding pieces and filling gaps
- Test and inspect welded surfaces and structure to discover flaws
- Maintain equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety
- Other tasks as assigned
SKILLS THAT WILL BE TESTED
6g 6” steel wire feed pipe test
6g 2” stainless steel tig pipe test
6g 2” aluminum tig pipe test
6g 2” steel mig pipe test
6g 2” steel tig pipe test
3g stainless flux core plate test
Proven experience as welder
Experience using a variety of welding equipment and procedures (TIG, MMA etc.)
Experience in using electrical or manual tools (saws, squares, calipers etc.)
Ability to read and interpret technical documents and drawings
Knowledge of relative safety standards and willingness to use protective clothing (face-shield, gloves etc.)
Deftness and attention to detail
Proficient in English
Pay $18-22 hr D.O.E.
Smart is a specialty construction company. We work primarily in the themed industry and provide services such as product installations, coaster modifications, repairs, and maintenance, themed items including scenic art work, carpentry including new product mock-ups, structural fiberglass repairs, installation teams, low voltage wiring installation and maintenance, commercial cabinetry and specialty pieces including custom wood windows, trim carpentry, metal fabrication including welding and field repairs and maintenance.
Posting ID: 597070737Posted: 2021-03-07