Business Area Sales Manager - SAL020793
The Mgr Business Area Sales is responsible, on a large scale, for business sales within one or more markets. Reporting to the Director of Sales, the Mgr Business Area Sales plays a key role as a strategic member of the market leadership team, and provides development, leadership, and direction to the business sales teams. This role manages the budget and objectives for operations including revenue growth, business sales activity, and ensures the delivery of an ideal customer experience. Key activities include the acquisition, development and on-going management of the Retail Business Development Managers, Business Account Executives and Business Account Managers.
- Lead, manage and direct a team of business sales associates. Set and ensure the achievement of daily, weekly, monthly and annual goals to meet financial, operational and development objectives for self and team.
- Develop and implement sales plans aligned with the company strategy to acquire new business and increase revenue for small and medium businesses while providing maintenance and support of existing business customers across all channels of distribution. Establish and monitor small and medium sized business attainable goals.
- Provide continuous development and training for Business Account Managers, Business Account Executives and Business Development Managers to acquire new customer growth, increase sales performance and enhance the retention of existing customers.
- Build a network for lead generation to increase sales.
- Understand and ensure the targeted business customers meet our financial goals and are profitable to the company.
- Develop strong relationships with Business Strategy Support Managers, Retail ASMs, Agent ASMs and other market leaders to drive small and medium business sales and revenue across all channels of distribution.
- Responsible for recruiting, hiring and training business sales associates and maintaining accurate associate and business records.
- Assist associates with resolving escalated customer issues.
- Provide management with market information and competitive insights on a regular basis.
- Responsible for forecasting and reporting; including but not limited to sales forecasting, cash over/short explanations, tracking report, competitive report, weekly store management report, etc.
- Design and implement an operational plan.
- Assist in other tasks as needed.
- College degree or equivalent experience.
- 7 years commissioned sales experience in business to business sales and/or retail sales environment.
- 3 years of managing direct reports in a retail business sales environment.
- 3 years of outside sales management preferred.
- Proven business sales success.
- Demonstration of strong communication and interpersonal skills.
: Sales Business Solutions Location(s)
U.S. Cellular® is an EEO employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race/color/age/religion/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/national origin/disability/veteran status, pregnancy or genetic information.
Posting ID: 562501877Posted: 2020-08-11