We’re building something new in Knoxville, TN. A destination devoted to sports. A place where the community will gather and be inspired. To create this new experience, we’re building a leadership team that will dream big, obsess over the athlete (our customer), inspire teammates and challenge every ‘normal’ thing about retail.
This is a new role for a new type of experience – we’re seeking an Service and Selling Culture Director. This opportunity has never existed, because the work we’re doing is beyond anything retail has ever seen. Think about a role where you are defining and executing the most customer obsessed experience – ever – in retail, and frankly in any customer focused industry.
This Director will have the exciting challenge of creating an athlete-first culture of world-class, hassle free, engaging service. From defining what that experience is to training and developing the best teammates to execute. We’re taking customer service to the next level and the ideal candidate is obsessed with delighting and surprising our athletes.
If you’re ready for the most rewarding challenge of your career – we can’t wait to meet you.
The role you’ll play:
- Responsible for driving the highest level of customer service throughout the store, ensuring our teammates are driving the DICK’S common purpose and delivering hassle-free, engaging, athlete-first service.
- Directly responsible for providing leadership to Front End areas (i.e. Guest Services Counter and Checkout/ Cashiers) ensuring athlete satisfaction at the conclusion of their store visit and awareness of in-store programming.
- Bring to life the power of opinion at our new store. Making sure our experience includes product experts who provide consultative advice to our athletes, ensuring they are well equipped and ready to tackle their sport.
- Manage and supervise the activities of all teammates to ensure they demonstrate excellent product knowledge and customer service when interacting with athletes. Hold teammates accountable for effectively executing selling behaviors related to our selling model.
- Develop and provide outstanding teammate training and coaching to deliver on the new store vision and experience. Conduct one-on-one teammate conversations, facilitate training workshops, conduct role play exercises, and reinforce training to ensure all teammates are meeting the needs of the athlete.
- Responsible for developing and tracking success metrics.
- Ensure the visual strategy developed by the CSC Visual team is executed flawlessly, creating a compelling in-store experience that is easily understood by the athlete and in turn drives sales.
- Adhere to established policies and procedures related to safety, loss prevention and standard operating procedures, as well as to laws and guidelines of external governing entities.
- Responsible for building a world-class team, including attracting, selecting, coaching and developing hyper-engaged teammates. This includes partnering closely with your HR partner to create and nurture a team that will exceed operational and sales expectations and the goals of their individual roles.
- Perform other tasks as assigned supporting the greatest sports retail experience out there!
The experience we’re looking for:
* Bachelor’s degree in Business, Management, Communications or related area
* 5+ years of leadership experience
* 3+ years of store leadership/general manager experience
* 5+ years of retail/hospitality/customer service experience
* Proven business leader mindset, routed in customer service
* Excellent communication, project management, operations and organizational skills
* A proven track record of leading a customer-first team
* Strong relationship building experience
* A passion for relentless improvement, embracing and driving positive change
DICK'S Sporting Goods is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posting ID: 586639432Posted: 2020-11-12