Perdue Foods is part of Perdue Farms, a family-owned company heading into it's second century of growth and innovation. With a goal of becoming the most trusted name in premium proteins, we create products for consumers and for retail and foodservice customers around the globe, while changing the way animals are raised for food. Summary
Start planning Summer 2021 NOW! We are hiring Live Operations Interns for our Summer Intern Program. The purpose of a Live Intern is to gain real world experience throughout a variety of areas within live production over an 8 - 10 week period. This opportunity will provide exposure to Hatcheries, Feed Mills, Grow-Out and Breeders.
What you can expect from a Perdue summer internship?
- Competitive Pay
- Hands-On, Real World Work Experience
- In-Depth Exposure to Farm Operations
- Housing Stipend for eligible students
This position will be based in Mount Vernon, WA. Principal and Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Develops an understanding of the Live functions to include production processes, animal husbandry and technical skills.
2. Manage a project throughout the summer to improve overall live performance or address a business need relative to location.
3. Completion of weekly assessments to demonstrate learned material.
4. Rotation to include hatchery, feed mill, grow out, breeders and harvest facilities.
5. Will perform legitimate roles and responsibilities as needed in the business unit.
6. Will participate in learning events to develop an understanding of the Company, Agristats and soft skills training.
7. Must have a valid State Driver's License and be approved to drive a Company vehicle. Minimum Education
- Junior or Senior currently pursuing a Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Agriculture, Poultry Science, Animal Science or related field.
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- 3.0 GPA or higher
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office.
- May be required to travel to other facilities and plants for meetings and/or business.
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship is required.
Posting ID: 571188956Posted: 2020-09-02