Our client is looking for an experienced Registered Nurse who has a passion for Home Health.
Reporting to the Clinical Services Director, the Home Health RN is responsible for coordinating nursing care in participants’ homes including providing skilled care based on physician’s orders and arranging and supervising personal care in the home.
- Conducting Home Care Nursing assessments to determine the nursing, personal care and equipment needs in the home, preferences, and goals of the participants and actively participating in IDT meetings to develop participant care plans.
- Delivering and documenting home care nursing interventions as agreed upon in the participants’ care plans including but not limited to maintaining a healthy and safe environment, promptly and accurately responding to physician orders, and correctly administering medications and performing ordered tests and treatments.
- Instructing the participant, family and caregivers regarding the disease process, self-care techniques, and prevention strategies.
- Providing on-site supervision and instruction to Personal Care Assistants and Home Health Aides assigned to participants’ homes at least as frequently as specified in the Home Health Agency regulations and more often if necessary.
- Managing home care staff including hiring, training, supervising and mentoring.
- In collaboration with Home Care Scheduler, tracking and monitoring home care hours and scheduling.
- Remaining alert to pertinent input from other team members, participants, and caregivers and update the IDT promptly of any changes in participants’ condition or medical status.
- Working with the Physician and other members of the IDT to manage smooth care transitions between settings (hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, home, etc.).
- In coordination with the Marketing Team, supporting enrollment of prospective participants into the program.
- Participating in end-of-life care coordination and support.
- Providing backup coverage to other nursing functions.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing; Bachelor of Science (BSN) preferred.
- Unencumbered California Registered Nurse (RN) License.
- Bilingual Spanish or Armenian preferred.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS)/ First Aide Certification required.
- Minimum of two years nursing experience in a clinical setting with a frail or elderly population.
- Highly motivated, self-directed, able to execute tasks in a quickly changing environment and make sound decisions in emergency situations.
- Excellent clinical, organizational and communication skills in settings with seniors, their families and interdisciplinary team members.
- Experience and competency working with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Deep commitment to helping unlock the potential of our most vulnerable seniors.
Posting ID: 558108806Posted: 2020-06-04