We are looking for a star performer to lead our Human Resources team. The position is Full Time Monday through Friday regular business hours. Salary exempt (no telecommute available for this role).
Who We Are:
We are a beautiful non-for-profit residential community and licensed by the State of California serving adults with developmental and intellectual disabilities located in Spring Valley, California. There are 90 men and women we like to call them "the folks" that chose a home at Noah Homes to call their own. Noah Homes is an oasis of peace as well as a hub of activity, offering residents continued opportunities for personal growth and fulfillment.The folks are our inspiration in action, helping us to understand how we can best support all people with developmental disabilities and their families.
HR Department's Goal:
To ensure our folks receive the best caregiving experience by providing outstanding customer service to our employees. We take pride in the high standards of care that set us apart all the way since 1980. Additionally, we have taken the necessary precautions guided by the CDC, HHS, and local authorities to keep staff and our folks free from COVID 19 as safely as possible.
The role of the Human Resources Manager is to:
- Maintain standards of excellence in recruiting, interviewing and selection new employees in coordination with the Chief Operations Officer and Programs Manager.
- Oversees annual performance reviews.
- Administer benefits including ACA, renewals, employee status changes, vendors, etc.
- Manage Noah Homes retirement 403b and Pension plans.
- Manages compensation including payroll processing and worker's compensation programs in compliance with wage and hour laws.
- Oversee leave of absence administration in compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Plan and facilitate annual staff day in coordination with Program Manager and COO.
- Administer bi-weekly payroll processing and provide support to the Staffing Coordinator.
- Review and update safety program, OSHA reporting, and prevention of COVID 19.
- Review and revise employee handbook in coordination with the CEO and COO as needed.
- Oversees compliance of personnel files in full compliance with HR recordkeeping and licensing needs.
- Comply with local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Build and maintain effective relationship with all Noah Homes staff.
- Manages employee relations activities including investigations and terminations.
- Develops and enforces policies and procedures.
- All other HR functions associated with position.
What We Offer:
Low cost Medical and Dental insurance.
No cost Life Insurance-$15,000.
Matching Pension Plan.
Matching 403b Retirement plan.
Vision reimbursement plan.
Supplemental insurance: Cancer, Accident, Hospital, Life, etc.
Voluntary Life insurance (Guaranteed 60k w/o evidence of insurability).
Vacation, Sick pay, paid Holidays, and emergency sick pay.
- Bachelors Degree in Business or related discipline or equivalent experience. Minimum three (3) years of experience working as an HR Generalist or similar role with supervisory experience. Non-Profit experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of computer (Microsoft Office) and HRIS Systems including Excel.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Great interpersonal skills including mentorship approach.
- The ability to interact effectively with all levels of staff and residents as well as vendors (and other external business contacts) and donors.
- Strong ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment. Comfortable with routine shifting demands.
- Able to thrive in a high volume, deadline driven environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to prioritize.
- Working knowledge of Noah Homes Mission of service to people with developmental disabilities.
- Ability to appear for work on time, follow directions from a supervisor, interact effectively with co-workers, understand and follow posted work rules and procedures and accept constructive criticism.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and clean driving record.
- Authorized to work in the United States.
- Upon hire, must be able to pass state and federal level background check/fingerprinting, drug screen, and negative COVID test.
Noah Homes isan equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. For additional information of EEO practices, please go tohttps://www.eeoc.gov/employees/index.cfm.