To sell and promote products and value-added services. Maximize each customer's potential in light of the company's philosophy, strategies and market share objectives for core products and market segments within a geographical area or an assigned industry group. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Plan sales and gross profit activities on an ongoing basis. Develop yearly objectives for each of your key accounts to include action plans based on Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats (SWOT) analysis to place us in the preferred position. Meet or exceed your plan each year.
- Have an accurate, detailed and comprehensive knowledge of the potential of each account in your territory. Make sales calls on customers and prospects at a frequency that will place us in the preferred position. Build customer relationships by investing in entertainment, mill/manufacturer visits, and specialties, etc. Develop a sufficient number of high potential prospects to guarantee future sales growth at greater than the market growth rate.
- Keep the appropriate Sales Manager well informed, at reasonable intervals, on progress being made on significant sales and account developments, as well as market, credit and competitive changes. These should be reported whether positive or negative.
- Develop and maintain mill/manufacturer relationships through joint planning, sales calls and target accounts. We must ensure our mills/manufacturers place us in the preferred position with new product introductions and market segment support.
- Investigate and resolve all customer complaints promptly. Evaluate source of problem and participate in resolution with all involved parties.
- Assist in the collection efforts of the Division on assigned accounts.
- Properly communicate announced product and price changes, availability conditions and other pertinent announcements to your customers. Deliver samples as necessary.
- Maintain all system information in a timely, accurate and complete manner. This should include but not be limited to customer master, express order forms; customer unsold stock agreements, computer price rules for all customers, etc.
- Maintain all customer files accurately, including key personnel, sales history and potential sales data.
- Execute all paperwork in a timely, accurate and comprehensive manner.
- Foster appositive working environment with fellow employees and customers. Participate, when appropriate, on task teams to represent the sales perspective and promote company development.
- Participate actively in company-sponsored training sessions, regularly scheduled sales meetings and division functions.
- Review new product developments and sales techniques on an ongoing basis. Develop a complete and comprehensive technical knowledge of all products appropriate to your market or territory. Achieve certification where required.
- Acquire system knowledge and competence, both operational and informational, to perform all functions at a professional level.
- Be accessible during normal business hours through the use of an electronic or cellular telephone.
- May be requested to perform other duties not listed above.
- 3 to 5 years of successful selling experience, preferably business to business.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Equivalent packaging sales experience in a distribution environment required.
- Strong knowledge of packaging and/or commercial printer materials and machinery, and an aptitude to learn about all other products distributed.
- Ability to analyze customer needs, and recommend productive, cost-effective solutions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, capable of building strong ongoing customer relationships.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- General computer skills including practical knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and email tools.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, work under pressure, and adapt to sudden changes
- Ability to work effectively with others in a team environment.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A significant portion of the incumbent's job responsibilities will require PC work that involves the continuous use of the fingers, hands, wrists, and sitting for frequent periods of time. The incumbent is required to talk, see and hear. The incumbent must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. The incumbent must be able to travel to and from sales calls.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Professional office environment: Greater than 80% of time spent preparing for and calling on customers. Travel overnight to mills/manufacturers, trade shows, training sessions, and customers.
- Equipment: Personal computer, laser printer, telephone/cellular phone, fax, copier, calculator, pager and personal transportation.
- Listening: Practices attentive and active listening; has the patience to hear people out; can accurately restate the opinions of others even when she/she disagrees.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; talks and acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Integrity and Trust: Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; doesn't blame others for his/her mistakes or misrepresents him/herself for personal gain or protection.
- Time Management: Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; sets priorities; values time; separates the critical few from the trivial many and concentrates his/her efforts accordingly.
- Action Oriented: Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and full of energy for the things that he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seizes opportunities when they arise.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Learning on the Fly: Agile and versatile in learning to deal with first time or unusual problems; learns new things quickly; enjoys the challenges of unfamiliar tasks or projects.
- Problem Solving: Solves difficult problems with effective solutions; asks good questions and probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see underlying or hidden problems and patterns; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the first answer.
- Written Communications: Is able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and style; adjusts well to a different audience; Capable of documenting and disclosing value proposition and results to customers.
- Technical Learning: Picks up on things quickly; can learn new skills and knowledge; is good at learning new industry, company, product or technical knowledge.
Veritiv is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Individuals seeking employment are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status or any other classification protected by law. Additionally, Veritiv will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with Veritiv's legal duty to furnish information. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here: http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
Veritiv is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
EEO Policy US EEO Policy Canada EEO Policy Mexico
This description does not attempt to define the job's essential functions as defined by applicable disabilities law.
Posting ID: 550199111Posted: 2020-07-14