We have a part-time opening for a Preschool Lead Teacher.
Must be able to work various shifts per week and be available weekdays.
- Must have 2 or more years experience.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Be authorized to work in the United States.
- Background check required.
Wage: 10.50-14.00 per hour
Under the direction of the Program Director, the Preschool Lead Teacher is responsible for creating and implementing a high-quality Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math (STEAM) curriculum that incorporates Biblical principles and Abeka literacy components; ensuring compliance with the standards of Paths to Quality and a Registered Ministry; collaborating with other Lead Teachers; coordinating communications with parents; and representing an active faith in Jesus Christ.
Essential Job Functions
- Conduct oneself in a professional manner of excellence, while infusing the love of Christ into interactions with children, colleagues, families, and the local community.
- Complies with program components, policies, and guidelines for the purpose of maintaining compliance with Paths to Quality and Registered Ministry standards.
- Develops and implements a STEAM curriculum that is developmentally appropriate and will reinforce learning concepts that will lead children to meet academic goals.
- Organizes indoor/outdoor, quiet/active activities appropriate to age group for the purpose of actively participating in the learning activities with children.
- Participates in workshops, meetings, community events, etc. to obtain a minimum of 20 training hours annually to meet Paths to Quality requirements.
- Coordinates with other District staff for planning and assessment purposes.
- Builds and maintains professional relationships with families to foster communication of a child's needs.
- Observes, records, and reports significant individual and group behavior with a chose assessment tool. Shares findings with families during conferences.
- Maintains classroom equipment, work areas, child files/records (e.g. instructional materials, cleaning work area, and kitchen area) for the purpose of ensuring availability of items and providing reliable information.
- Monitors child behavior for the purpose of providing a safe and positive environment. Uses appropriate behavior guidelines and problem-solving techniques with children, as provided in the company discipline policy.
- ?Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of 15 credit hours in Early Childhood Education.
- Currently attending and actively involved in a church that teaches sound, Biblical principles and believes salvation comes from a belief in Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior.
- Experience in Early Childhood Education.
Posting ID: 35580023Posted: 2020-07-14