Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves the world's leading educational institutions, Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, prominent healthcare providers, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 280,000 team members deliver innovative experiences and services in food, facilities management and uniforms to millions of people every day. We strive to create a better world by making a positive impact on people and the planet, including commitments to engage our employees; empower healthy consumers; build local communities; source ethically, inclusively and responsibly; operate efficiently; and reduce waste. Aramark is recognized as aBest Place to Work by the Human Rights Campaign (LGBTQ), DiversityInc, Black Enterprise and the Disability Equality Index. Learn more atwww.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Job Summary: Responsible for the supervision, training, and management of the food service operation. Ensure that appropriate quantities of food are prepared and served.
Essential Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Produce and maintain work schedules and may prepare production records.
- Direct daily activities.
- Maintains food production that ensures the safety and quality of food according to policies, procedures, and department requirements.
- Ensure that food items are stored in a safe, organized, and hazard-free environment.
- Maintain all serving schedules; ensure that all food items are served per menu specifications in a safe and appropriate manner according to departmental policies and procedures.
- Maintain a sanitary department following health and safety codes and regulations.
- Maintain accurate inventory on a weekly basis according to departmental policies and procedures.
- May prepare orders as needed per vendor to ensure accurate production for location.
- Must be knowledgeable in operating an efficient cost effective program.
- Supervise and evaluate employees; counsel; promote employee growth, efficiency, morale, and teamwork.
- Maintain a safe and hazard-free working environment.
- Train/mentor other food service workers.
- Maintain logs on all maintenance required on equipment within the food service department.
- Perform preventative maintenance checklist.
- Justify replacement of existing equipment to meet needs of facility.
- Proficiency in multi-tasking.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Food Service Director whenever his/her skill and/or experience would be necessary to initiate, coordinate, or complete any given program.
- Must fill in for absent employees at location as necessary.
- Maintain knowledge of daily caterings and see they are prepared and delivered on time.
- Be able to work occasional night and weekend catered events.
- Attend food service meetings with staff.
- Maintain communication with staff (including the central office staff, e-mail, phone calls, inter-office mail, etc).
- May perform cashier duties as required.
- Promote good public relations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must read, write, and understand verbal instructions
- Must complete a sanitation course either before or during first year as a lead
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic
- Maintain emotional control under stress
- Ability to resolve interpersonal situations
- Strong organizational skills
Posting ID: 610429781Posted: 2021-03-04