Responsible for food production and operating the Back-of-the-House using Golden Corral products, recipes, procedures and company systems to ensure that the standards for quality food, recipes, and cleanliness are achieved for our guests. As a member of the restaurant operations management team, the Kitchen Associate Manager is also responsible for the restaurant's overall operations, including food quality, production, safety, and labor in absence of the General Manager and Guest Services Associate Manager.
Financial Results (40%)
• Achieves excellent food quality by ensuring Back-of-the-House and production Co-Workers properly prepare recipes to Golden Corral specifications and follow build-to's for excellent execution. Ensures Back-of-the-House and production Co-workers are following the appropriate menu matrix and achieving standards for productivity.
• Achieves period and annual budgeted food, labor and controllable costs in all areas of production operations through planning, scheduling and executing the Golden Corral operating standards.
• Meets all productivity labor standards for the Back-of-the-House and production positions.
Food Production (40%)
• Achieves all company standards for products, recipes, cleanliness and service times in restaurant using Golden Corral systems to achieve CSQ levels at a minimum of 85% are met in the Back-of-the-House and production. Meets all local, state and federal health and sanitation standards. Ensures compliance with all company policies including the Code of Ethics.
• Controls food costs by ordering, receiving, storing and producing all food products according to Golden Corral specifications and production guides. Maintains food product inventory levels in accordance with Golden Corral guidelines.
• Takes inventories and reports small wares order requirements including utensils, pans, chemicals, etc. to General Manager according to guidelines in Operations Manual. Ensures standards for preventive maintenance on equipment are followed for the Back-of-the-House and production.
• Ensures the Cold Choice area and Bakery are maintained in accordance with operating standards.
People Management (20%)
• Recruits, interviews and hires talented Co-Workers for all Back-of-the-House and production positions utilizing approved selection and interview process to ensure these positions are fully-staffed in the restaurant.
• Trains and coaches Fast Tracks Coordinators, Certified Kitchen Assistant Managers, Crew Leaders, Crew Trainers and A-Team on all changes and/or additions to Back-of-the-House and production operating standards as they are transmitted to the field.
• Ensures all Co-workers in the Back-of-the-House and production are trained with the Computer Based Training (CBT) program and certified through Fast Tracks and Safe Tracks. Ensures Co-Workers are in proper uniform according to Golden Corral guidelines.
• Cross-trains Co-workers in positions other than their primary position through Fast Tracks certification.
• Performs performance appraisals and disciplinary counseling sessions with Back-of-the-House and production Co-Workers in areas of responsibility as outlined in Administrative Guide. Submits any pay change or special recognition recommendations to General Manager.
• Conducts daily pre-shift meetings with Back-of-the-House and production Co-workers.
Two to three years’ management experience in operations in a high volume restaurant with diversified menu offerings. Education and/or experience normally associated with completion of a degree program in business or hospitality. Successful completion of Golden Corral’s comprehensive management training program. Must complete the Certified Kitchen Manager certification program within six months of assignment to position.
Hours of work for this position are approximately 55-58 hours per week Position requires standing and walking for periods of 2-5 hours without a rest break, and task sequencing and the completion of complex administrative responsibilities. Frequent heavy (in excess of 25lbs.+) lifting and carrying, bending and reaching overhead may be required. Work environment includes heavy customer contact, working with cooking equipment and slippery walking surfaces. Position is under minimum levels of day-to-day supervision. Some travel may be required for training and operations meetings.
Posting ID: 49216009Posted: 2020-02-19