The Cook is responsible for the quality, quantity, tastiness, and freshness of all Hot Choice Buffet products. The Cook pays special attention to speed, cleanliness, organization, and product specifications.
• Prepares Hot Choice Buffet products, including Carving and Display Cooking products, according to Golden Corral recipes and procedures.
• Grills all items according to Golden Corral standards to ensure quality.
• Ensures that every fried product is always fresh and hot.
• If the Buffet Attendant is unavailable, the Cook restocks the items at the Display Cooking Station.
• If the Carver is unavailable, assists guests with carved meat options.
• Complete use and following of the buffet production system to insure quality and shelf life compliance.
Adherence to Standards:
• Maintains the correct temperature of all products during cooking, holding and serving.
• Uses the Hot Choice Buffet Production Guide and the Display Cooking Hot Cook Production Guide to maintain an inventory of all hot cook products.
• Conducts opening and closing administrative procedures.
• Properly maintains equipment according to the Equipment Maintenance manual.
• Restocks and rotates food products by using the first-in, first-out method (FIFO).
• Takes inventory of products and checks build-to with the Manager at the beginning and end of each shift.
• Ensures that that Hot Cook area and all smallwares are clean and checks dishes for cleanliness before using them.
• Performs duty roster and Cleanliness, Service, and Quality (CSQ) responsibilities.
• Follows local health department laws.
• Keeps Char Grill clean and scraped to ensure product quality and sanitation.
• Ensures that Hot Choice Buffet products, including Display Cooking products, are always hot and fresh for the guests.
• Knows and follows position responsibilities as they relate to just-in-time delivery.
• Is friendly and courteous to guests and assists them with the products.
• Maintains professional communication at all times.
• Performs other functions that may be necessary to ensure guests receive a pleasurable dining experience.
Successful completion of Safe Tracks, Golden Corral's Co-worker Food Safety and Sanitation course, and participation in Fast Tracks, Golden Corral's Co-worker cross-training program. Experience in food preparation preferred, but not required. Proof of food handler certification may be required for individuals in those applicable states.
Position requires standing and walking 3-4+ hours without a rest break. Regular, moderate-to-heavy (20-50 lbs.) lifting and carrying; bending and reaching is required. Work environment requires the use of tools such as tongs and spatulas and a forceful grip is required for the use of these tools. Work setting is within the restaurant with employee exposed to temperature extremes. Compliance with position uniform standards and adherence to all company policies and house rules are required.
Posting ID: 49215999Posted: 2020-02-19