Responsible for "Making Pleasurable Dining Affordable" for our guests by ensuring Golden Corral operational standards are communicated, trained and maintained in the restaurant.
ACCOUNTABILITIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: Ensure that the top five critical job responsibilities are identified within the position description and weighted according to importance to equate to 100%
Financial Results (55%)
• Coaches, trains, and monitors Kitchen Managers, Hospitality Manager and Assistant Managers to follow Golden Corral operating standards while achieving key financial results of their restaurant, including positive comparable restaurant sales growth, profit increases and positive comparable restaurant guest count increases, while maintaining standard food, labor, and controllable costs to maximize profits and achieve the restaurant's budget.
• Executes national restaurant marketing plans and develops and implement local programs to drive guest counts and sales.
• Manages all company assets; financial, facility, and human resources in accordance with company policy and all federal and state regulations. Ensures compliance with all company policies including the Code of Ethics.
People Management (20%)
• Recruits, selects and orients Assistant Managers into Golden Corral utilizing approved selection and interview process and ensures all Co-worker positions are fully-staffed in the restaurant. Provides coverage in the restaurant when necessary for Associate Managers.
• Ensures Co-workers and Assistant Managers participate and are certified in the Computer Based Training (CBT) programs to include Fast Tracks and Safe Tracks certifications in order to develop members of the team. Ensures Kitchen Managers and KAM's comply with required certifications within the restaurant.
• Provides leadership and guidance to Kitchen Managers, Hospitality Manager and Certified Assistant Managers through training, coaching, counseling, timely performance appraisals, and restaurant and management development action plans through weekly management meetings.
• Ensures systems are in place to support timely and regular communications to members of the restaurant team to include implementing and training Crew Leaders, Crew Trainers, Assistant Managers, and Associate Managers on changes in Golden Corral standards, recipes, marketing promotions, new policies, and company health and safety programs to ensure a safe environment for team members and guests.
• Recognizes members of the restaurant team for exemplary performance, length of service awards, 100 Club and other special restaurant incentive programs.
Guest Services (10%)
• Maintains a welcoming and inclusive environment for guests to include regular guest interaction, community involvement and leadership in guest relations with the restaurant team.
• Ensures guest feedback and mystery shopper programs meet Golden Corral operating standards. Implement corrective actions within the restaurant to resolve any issues identified. All guest complaints are resolved in a timely manner.
Administrative Duties (10%)
• Ensures that all Co-workers are trained and perform Cleanliness, Service and Quality standards (CSQs) in their functional areas and follows up on necessary action items to meet Golden Corral operating standards. Ensures Golden Corral CSQs of a minimum of 85% are met or exceeded in each area of the restaurant.
• Performs follow-up action plans with Hospitality Manager and Kitchen Manager on all Health Department and Steritech inspections for necessary action items to ensure compliance with Golden Corral operating standards.
• Provides input and assists the District Manager in the development of the restaurant's budget.
Facilities Management (5%)
• Ensures the 17 priorities are maintained to comply with facilities management standards and regular preventive equipment maintenance is performed in the restaurant as well as outside of the restaurant including signs, parking lot and landscaping to meet standards for good physical condition for the appeal and comfort of the guests.
• Ensures that the facilities management plan is in place for the restaurant.
Education and/or experience normally associated with completion of a degree program in business or hospitality. Three to five years’ experience in managing a restaurant with diversified menu offerings. One year Golden Corral restaurant management experience as a Certified Kitchen Manager is preferred. Successful completion of Golden Corral’s comprehensive management training program.
Hours of work for this position are approximately 55-58 hours per week. Position requires standing and walking for periods of 2-5 hours without a rest break, and task sequencing and the completion of complex administrative responsibilities. Occasional moderate to heavy (10-25+lb) lifting and carrying, bending and reaching overhead may be required. Work environment includes heavy customer contact, working with cooking equipment and slippery walking surfaces. Position is under minimum levels of day-to-day supervision. Some travel may be required for training and operations meetings.
Posting ID: 49216005Posted: 2020-02-19