Knollwood Retirement Communities are staffed with the highest quality skilled workers in the area. Our employees are dedicated to giving quality care and outstanding client service. We are always in search of dedicated, enthusiastic, professional and caring staff to provide superior service to our residents. Knollwood is an equal opportunity employer. To begin the application process please fill out the online Pre-Employment Application below.
Knollwood St. Clair Retirement Center is now accepting applications to assemble a dedicated team of professionals interested in providing excellent customer service to the residents of our new facility. To begin the application process, please fill out the downloaded application .
Knollwood Retirement Center
921 Knollwood Drive
Caseyville, IL 62232
Knollwood St. Clair is now accepting applications for a RN/Assessment Nurse. Work in conjunction with the director of Nursing, coordinates medication and conducts assessments to ensure quality resident care and maximum wellness to ... the extent possible. Evaluates problems/strengths/weakness in self-care of Residents. Directly provides short-term intermittent nursing services to meet routine and special health care needs. Evaluate the resident's tolerance and response to medication and other health treatments and procedures.
Knollwood St. Clair is now accepting applications for CNAs. Reponsibilities include normal shift duties, such as making rounds on assigned floors per supervisor assignment sheets; perform scheduled medicine reminders and vital sign monitoring, scheduled reassurance checks, etc. Provide personal care for residents, respond to emergency calls from residents and other duties as assigned.
Knollwood St. Clair is now accepting applications for Dietary Aides. The Dietary Aide is to assist in maintaining clean and orderly food storage areas, in a manner consistent with the Health Department requirements of the jurisdiction. Dispose of food and waste in accordance with established policies and procedures. Primary responsibilities of the Dietary Aide include: ensuring the department is maintained in a clean and safe manner; keep necessary equipment and supplies available to provide for all dietary requirements of facility residents; provide assistance in all dietary functions as directed/instructed and in accordance with established dietary policies and procedures.
In accordance with the SLF Rules and Regulations, provides for an ongoing program of activities designed to meet the interests and the physical, mental and psychosocial well-being of each resident.
Provide an activities program on a daily basis including evenings and weekends. Provide a plan of activities appropriate to the needs of the residents that includes, but is not limited to:
- Group Social Activities.
- Indoor and outdoor activities, which may include daily walks.
- Activities away from the facility.
- Spiritual programs and attendance at houses of worship.
- Opportunity for resident involvement in planning and implementation of the activities program.
- Creative activities such as arts, crafts, music, drama and educations programs.
- Exercise activities.
- One to one attention.
- Promotion of facility/community interaction.
- Pepare a monthly calendar of activities written in large print and posted in a prominent location that is visible to residents and visitors.
- Coordinate the activities program with other services in the facility.
- Recruit, train and supervise volunteers when appropriate.
- Assess resident needs and develop resident activities goals for the written care plan.
- Encourage resident participation in activities and document outcomes.
- Review goals and report progress to the Director of Clinical Services.
- Provide transportation for scheduled group shopping and other community and social activities. Complete personal shopping for individual residents as needed.
- Offer and encourage the use of health promotion and exercise programs for residents.
- Develop programs to be held at least three times per week geared toward promoting better health and fitness of the residents. These programs are in addition to the social and recreational programming described in this section.
- Obtain necessary equipment and supplies and provide for their accessibility through organized storage.
- Monitor and track department budge, in conjunction with Administrator.
- Stay abreast of changes in the industry through all available resources, and report significant issues to management in a timely manner.
- Foster family and community support of the activity program (e.g. through newsletters, networking and activities which bring family members or members of the community into the facility, etc.
- Attend Department Head Meetings.
- Attend mandatory inservices.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Minimum educational requirements include high school diploma or its equivalent and satisfactory completion.
- Qualified therapeutic recreation specialist or an activities professional certified by a recognized accrediting body or a qualified occupational therapist or occupational therapy assistant helpful.
Experience/Personal Skills and Traits Desired:
- Equivalent 2 years of experience in social, recreational or activities program in a health care setting.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Evidence of effective problem resolution skills.
- Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations.
- Ability to be resourceful.
- Willingness to consider the advice and opinions of others.
- Ability to make decisions and accept responsibility for the consequences.
- Ability to coordinate and conduct meetings.
- Ability to set and achieve goals.
- Ability to be organized and efficient.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to train and motivate others.
- Ability and willingness to act as a role model in conduct and appearance.
Responsible for the cleaning of the facility apartments and common areas, other duties may include cleaning of the grounds and performing laundry task.
- Responsible for clear and effective communication between housekeeping and other departments.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe work place
- Main supply inventory and alerting the housekeeping supervisor when product needs ordered.
- Perform the cleaning of the resident's apartments, common areas, laundry service, window washing, and trash disposal.
- Report all work orders to engineering/maintenance any and all problems needing repairs.
- Create a courteous friendly, professional, work environment through open line of communication.
- Ensure compliance with safety and sanitation standard.
- Inspect and maintain apartments and common areas throughout the facility daily.
- Perform deep cleaning throughout the facility.
- Approach all encounters with residents and in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
- Maintains compliance with state and local regulations.
- Utilizing the proper equipment and supplies for the efficient and economical operation of the facility.
- Physically fit as most functions are incumbent of up to 50 pounds.
- Should be willing to work in the presence of dirt, dust and fumes.
- Knowledge of standard housekeeping procedures.
- Good problem solving skills and ability to develop conceptual alternatives.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Basic mathematical skills required.
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution and people management skills.
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Strong morals and ethics, along with a commitment to staff privacy.
- | Department of Health Care and Family Services, Supportive Living Program.