In this role, you'll be collaborating with our adventurous team of automation engineers on our cutting-edge end-to-end design of automated test systems for our automotive electronics modules (or ECUs). This will be ranging from level 3+ ADAS and infotainment to the latest battery management and vehicle control systems!
· Work with cross functional groups to create test requirements and a system definition from schematics and block diagrams
· Design rack-based test systems that integrate our PCBAs and off-the-shelf equipment to create a creative test solution for the latest automotive technologies
· Create well documented packages, bills of materials and standard operating procedures
· Manage purchasing, station build, integration and final commissioning
· Maintain and support automated test systems
· Develop automation software
· Compile test data to demonstrate the functional testers meets the specified requirements
· Work closely with module owners to ensure component and module level test reports are generated in a timely manner
· Assist in scheduling of component and module test reports per priorities/program needs
· Perform data analysis to support documentation of performance and durability test reports for validation of components
· Collaborate with cross functional groups to troubleshoot and isolate problems in our electronics modules, test equipment, or automated test systems
This Is What You'll Need:
Experience working with PCBAs
· Ability to read electrical circuits and schematics
· Navigating PCB layouts
· Understanding manufacturer's product data sheets
· Troubleshooting as needed
Experience working with large electrical systems
· Understanding block diagrams and high-level system diagrams
Experience with test equipment
· Experience working with modular test instruments and I/O Systems (PXI, cDAQ, PCI, PCIe)
· Understanding of automation instrumentation such as programmable power supplies, multiplexers, DMMs, signal analyzers, signal generators, multifunction devices (digital and analog)
· Navigating automation communication standards/interfaces such as USB, VISA, GPIB, Ethernet, Serial, RS-485
· Working with standard test equipment such as oscilloscopes, multimeters, signal generators, signal analyzers and power meters
Test Specific Requirements:
· Familiarity with measurement analysis techniques such as Gage RR, Process Capability Analysis, etc.
· Support planning and designing of component and system level tests along with the test procedures
· Experience creating test requirements for electronics from schematics, block diagrams and collaborating with cross functional groups.
Nice To Have:
· Designing PCB layouts
· Specifying components based on product data sheets.
· Creating block diagrams and high-level system diagrams
· Ability to calculate voltage drops, tolerance stack up, acceptance criteria, fusing, cable and connector requirements
· Specifying and integrating modular test instruments and I/O Systems (PXI, cDAQ, PCI, PCIe) and other automation equipment such as programmable power supplies, multiplexers, DMMs, signal analyzers, signal generators, multifunction cards (digital and analog)
· Designing and understanding tradeoffs with different communication interfaces such as USB, GPIB, Ethernet, Serial, RS-485
· Extensive experience utilizing standard test equipment such as oscilloscopes, multimeters, signal generators and power meters
· Experience working with large test equipment manufactures and ensuring equipment meets written requirements
· Understanding both Software and Hardware Integration and Test processes
· A detail-oriented individual who strives in an environment that values effective team collaboration
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to use MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Outlook
· Understanding of lab safety protocols when working in all lab environments
· Travel as required for the purposes of setup and troubleshooting of long-term durability and validation testing and for the purpose of working with cross-functional groups as needed
· B.S. or M.S. in Electrical Engineering or related fields
·6 + years of relevant working experience
This Is Where You'll Work:
Department: Low Voltage Electrical - Internal
We Are Rivian:
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what's possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.