OVERVIEW OF POSITION:
Responsible for performing moderately complex and/or specialized patient-oriented procedures under the supervision of a clinician or Registered Nurse (RN) to ensure that patients receive appropriate care. Responsible for performing operational duties as required under the supervision of the site administrator or designee.
- Schedule: PER DIEM, ~2-3 shifts per week
- Location: Huntington Beach, CA
- Setting: Ambulatory Surgery Center
- Future potential for full-time employment!
- Consistently exhibits behavior and communication skills that demonstrate Optum's commitment to superior customer service, including quality, care, and concern with internal and external customers
- Uses, protects, and discloses Optum patients' protected health information (PHI) only in accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards.
- Directs patient to proper exam/treatment area and prepares patient for examinations and other procedures. Assists in the transportation of patient and patient flow.
- Obtains records and reports vital signs and any other pertinent patient information to the RN or clinician.
- Administers medication, performs various patient tests, and instructs patients on procedural preparations under the supervision of the clinician or RN.
- Notifies pharmacies of new prescriptions and authorizations of new refills as ordered by the clinician.
- Collects, labels, and transports various specimens to appropriate destinations.
- Maintains and cleans exam/treatment areas and medical equipment.
- Maintains logs, records of medical procedures, and inventories of supplies.
- Performs telephone screening.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Minimum: 1 to 2 years of post-high school education or a degree from a two-year college.
- Minimum: Graduation from an accredited Licensed Vocational Nurse program.
- Minimum: Current LVN license.
- Minimum: Basic Life Support for Healthcare providers (AHA) or CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer (American Red Cross).
- Minimum: I.V. therapy and phlebotomy certification.
- Minimum: 1-3 years of experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Computer literate.
- Manual dexterity to use/handle equipment and instruments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to concurrently perform multiple tasks.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Here you'll find incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(SM)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Optum and its affiliated medical practices are Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Optum and its affiliated medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Posting ID: 575763486Posted: 2020-12-03