Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries. JOB DESCRIPTION:Position Title: IT Business Relationship Manager - Supply ChainLocation: Lake Forest, ChicagoDO WORK THAT MATTERS
At Abbott, diverse ideas, perspectives, and expertise allow us to create the life-changing solutions that help people live healthier lives. In 150 countries and with businesses spanning nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices, and branded generic pharmaceuticals, Abbott offers you enormous opportunities to explore your interests and help you achieve your career and personal goals.
We have an exciting opportunity for an IT Business Relationship Manager - Supply Chain, within our Abbott Rapid Diagnostics business located at Lake Forest - Chicago, Illinois. In this role, you will develop and execute IT strategies for supply chain operations globally.
Abbott Rapid Diagnostics (formerly Alere) is part of Abbott's Diagnostics family of businesses, bringing together exceptional teams of experts and industry leading technologies to support diagnostic testing which provides important information for treatment and management of diseases and other conditions. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understands business strategies & capabilities across Supply Chain
- Works with senior business management to align IT and business strategies, establish priorities and develop plans for each business function/geography.
- Ability to develop roadmaps containing sequencing of IT solutions working towards the achievement of the business strategies. (3-5 yrs)
- Project Portfolio & Demand Management - Leads the development of a comprehensive portfolio of IT investments, ensuring alignment and integration into the enterprise IT strategy and Project Portfolio Management.
- Strategic Focus on Manufacturing and Engineering - provides strategic consultancy support in filtering, defining or designing business processes and requirements; and identifies enabling solutions, best practices and technologies to proactively address customer requirements.
- Project Execution - responsible for accomplishing project objectives within defined constraints, identifying and managing risks, issues and dependencies, and ensuring project outcomes meet business needs.
- Financial accountability - identifies and manages IT Total Cost of Ownership for specific function/geography, ensures effective governance of project budgets.
- Facilitates communications flow between IT and Business. (Costs/Projects/New demand/services/audits/risks)
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, business administration or another discipline relevant for the healthcare industry or equivalent experience.
- 10-12 years of IT or Supply Chain experience in large or midsized multinational Health Care field
- Broad and deep knowledge in Supply Chain business processes and technologies
- Experience in setting IT or business strategy and business IT alignment.
- Strong project management skills.
- Direct experience leading governance boards of large multi-disciplinary projects.
- Demonstrated expertise in the strategic use of process improvements and IT as an enabler of business initiatives and business solutions
- Good communication, logical thinking, decision making, problem solving abilities, and good leadership and management skills.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with all management levels
- Strong ability to collaborate, influence, negotiate and build consensus.
- Experience with GxP validation.
- Experience with vendor management.
- Deep knowledge of all technologies used or to be used by the Functional area.
- Experience leading teams - both with direct staff and indirect project teams.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Warehouse management experience
- Communicates a clear roadmap and strategies for function.
- Adopts a global mindset when making decisions.
- Spots new trends, potential problems and opportunities early and is thus able to develop creative solutions.
- Brings market and customer intelligence into strategies.
- Incorporates customer insight and feedback to shape organization priorities.
- Refines and aligns tools, systems and processes to drive customer engagement.
- Addresses silos and turf issues by finding common ground among diverse viewpoints.
- Assesses issues thoroughly and solves complex problems - removes roadblocks for the team.
- Holds others accountable by focusing on the right metrics, tracking results and creating transparent reviews.
- Reaches across departments, organizations or geographies to best serve the customer.
At Abbott, we're committed to helping people live their best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation, please send an email firstname.lastname@example.orgJOB FAMILY:
IT Services & Solutions Delivery DIVISION:
ADD Diagnostics LOCATION:
United States > Lake Forest : J49 Floor-4 ADDITIONAL LOCATIONS:WORK SHIFT:
Yes, 20 % of the Time MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE:
No SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf