Pay Grade/Salary Range:
105 - $25,747.62 - $39,908.81
Until FilledGENERAL DESCRIPTION:This is a skilled position responsible for complex clerical and stenographic work including administrative responsibilities. Positions allocated to this class differ from those in the class of Secretary II because of the independent performance of complex secretarial tasks or because responsibility is involved in the direction of other clerical employees.ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The following statements describe the principal functions of the job and its scope of responsibility but should not be considered an all-inclusive list of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned.
• Prepares monthly financial and budgetary reports for the department.
• Acts as "approver" for other office personnel including the director in the University of Florida P Card system.
• Maintains office in the absence of UF Faculty and program assistants who may be working in the field.
• Assists extension agents with assignments that support their program areas, such as: making copies, creating marketing materials, collecting program fees and assisting office visitors and program attendees.
• Acts as personal secretary and/or aide to a manager, performs duties of an administrative nature for the supervisor, and participates in the work of the supervisor such as interviewing office visitors, securing details of injury and issuing information regarding the services of the unit.
• Records and transcribes dictation where the position requires this skill, prepares forms independently and composes letters for supervisor’s signature and composes routine transmittal letters and memos.
• Sets up and maintains functional paper and electronic file systems.
• Establishes and maintains files to include letters and related material in an organized manner.
• Operates word processing and audio-visual equipment.
• Assists in special events as directed.
• Maintains a professional and safe unit and work area adhering to established safety policies and the image desired for the organization.
• Consistently follows Board policies and procedures.
• Responds productively to change and performs all other related tasks as directed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of office practices and procedures.
• Knowledge of Business English, spelling, and punctuation.
• Knowledge of computer operations pertaining to administrative office work, word processing and spread sheets.
• Ability to prepare complex documents and compose letters and memorandum.
• Ability to make decisions in accordance with the rules, regulations and policies of the department.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, managers, directors, Elected Officials, vendors, and the general public.PHYSICAL SKILLS:Must be able to remain in a stationary position for 50% of the time. Must be able to frequently position self to reach files and other office items located on low shelves or the floor. Must be able to inspect and assess daily email and postal mail correspondence. Frequently communicates with the public, volunteers, youth, and co-workers. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations. Frequently operates various types of office equipment to include, but not limited to a computer and copy machine. Occasionally ascends/descends stairs. Rarely moves materials and office equipment weighing up to 25 lbs. Constantly works in an indoor environment. Rarely works in inclement outdoor weather conditions. Rarely operates motor vehicle for up to four (4) hours continuously or intermittently.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:Graduation from high school or possession of an acceptable equivalent diploma. Four (4) years of secretarial/clerical and word processing experience.LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, OR REGISTRATIONS:Must possess and maintain a valid Florida Driver License.OTHER JOB-RELATED REQUIREMENTS:
Powered by JazzHR