Purpose of Job
We are currently seeking a talented Infrastructure Application Developer for our offices in Plano or San Antonio, TX, Phoenix, AZ, Colorado Springs, CO, Tampa, FL or 100% Remote Work Environment.
NOTE: The candidate selected for this position is going to work with Certificate management Team in USAA's security domain. Being part of this security team helps them get involved with certificate management process. They will also have the opportunity for development with latest technologies used in current market. The candidate will enjoy working on all the system lifecycle and help tighten application security which is important for any organization. We are having a blend of technologies such as puppet, PowerShell, spring boot application, rest services, Cryptography. The vendor product that is been used to manages, secures and protects keys and certificates for delivering an enterprise- grade platform provides enterprise- wide security, operational efficiency and organizational compliance.
The volume and velocity of machines and public key certificates is increasing every day. And because of this, we need to extend PKI authentication to an increasing range of web services, industry-specific devices and IoT devices without disruption. Manual PKI management solutions can't keep up with the demand, and often lack the central visibility and consumes lot of resource time. We are in the journey to automate the system to increase the efficiency of delivering the cert to meet the increase in demand.
Responsible for creating, modifying, maintaining and supporting infrastructure and individual system components that enable business functions and IT Services. Balance availability, security, efficiency and functional requirements to help provide an optimized production service.
Identify and manage existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and ensure these risks are effectively identified and escalated to be measured, monitored and controlled.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
ABOUT USAA IT
Our most important qualification isn't technical, it's human. Here, we don't just sit in front of a screen. We stand behind our 12 million members who rely on us every day.
We are over 4,000 employees strong, a passionately supportive and collaborative team built on Agile principles. We've been in Computerworld's 100 Best Places to Work in IT and named a Top 50 Employer for Minority Engineers & IT by Workforce Diversity Magazine.
See what it's like to work for a company where your passion meets our purpose:
USAA Information Technology: A Realistic Preview
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Independently designs scalable infrastructure, provides oversight and priority for system change - reserves execution for complex implementations, automates service delivery and maintenance tasks, provides direction and priority for monitoring and tooling activities.
- Independently resolves complex production issues, and leads troubleshooting of end-to-end solutions that span multiple systems
- Leads analysis of end-to-end system failures to identify opportunities across multiple systems
- Independently experiments with new patterns and technologies
- Helps establish and improve engineering best practices, concepts, and patterns
- Understands the customer and independently identifies solutions and ideas for the customer and independently evaluates potential solutions
- Mentor and coach junior engineers.
Minimum Education/Experience requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in related field of study or 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required
- 6+ years of infrastructure experience demonstrating depth of technical understanding within a specific discipline(s)/technology(s) to include 2 years' experience in Systems Operations environment supporting complex environment deployment and infrastructure management activities
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Java spring boot with hands on rest service development
- Experience working with OpenShift Container Platform
- Experience working with GIT code repository
- Experience with enterprise logging technologies such as ELK, Splunk
- Knowledge on PKI and application security
- Good communication and team interaction
- Experience in agile development methodology
- Experience in SDLC process and testing methodology
- Hands-on or good understanding on ServiceNow platform
- Contribute to the technical direction on all areas of PKI architecture, including policies, standards, strategies, automation and governance
- Enable adoption of Venafi automation - Provisioning, Enrollment, Monitoring
- Provide guidance to key stakeholders on PKI lifecycle, processes and procedures
- Monitoring systems and processes, performing system health checks, maintaining system logs, and troubleshooting of system problems including hardware, application and operating system related issues
- Vulnerability scanning/remediation and system password/certificate management
USAA Infrastructure Application Engineers create innovative solutions that impact our members. Collectively we are:
- Curious and excited by new ideas
- Energized by a fast-paced environment
- Able to understand and translate business needs into leading-edge technology
- Comfortable working as part of a connected team, but self-motivated
- Community-focused, dependable and committed
- Exceptionally detail-oriented
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.