Job Introduction:Hiring Now!
The world's leading private security organization, G4S, has an immediate job opportunity for an Emergency Response Team Officer Level 3 (Team Lead)
. As an Emergency Response Team Officer Level 3 (Team Lead), you will oversee the verification of security-related alarms, video management, and access control systems, in addition to providing situation updates to client management. This position will assume responsibility for the shift and personnel by providing supervision. The ERT Officer must be able to be deployed for at least two (2) weeks at a time. This position could be deployed to a work project up to 500+ miles from the nearest G4S office. Each deployment will be temporary, for a time period that will vary by assignment. While deployed, the officer will typically conduct foot and/or vehicle patrol (interior and/or exterior), control access and egress, compose reports, deter criminal activity and misconduct, and perform other duties as specified in post orders. Deployment can vary from overnight up to several months at a time.
G4S is a security provider for the United States government, fortune 500 companies, nuclear power plants, oil and gas companies, airport, ports, banks, hospitals, factories, warehouses, commercial facilities, residential communities and much more.
PERKS for this position!
- $17.00 - $28.00 / hour
- Per Diem ($46 / day)
- Mileage ($0.58 / mile)
- Free Hotel
- Overtime opportunities
- Major medical, dental, vision insurance
- Paid Vacation
As a full time employee of G4S, you will be entitled to the following benefits:
- Opportunities for additional training to aid in your professional development
As an employee you will also be able to participate in the Promote Me! Community. Promote Me! is available to interested current employees as a way to express interest in further advancement, as well as gain information and encourage professional development.
Further, as a current employee you will be eligible to participate in large group rates for the following benefits:
- Critical Illness
- Accident Insurance
- Whole Life Insurance
- Individual Short-Term Disability
- Pre-Paid Legal Services
- Identity Theft Services
- Pet Insurance
In addition, G4S provides benefits that are automatically available to all employees, whether you enroll in a G4S insurance plan or not. And with no premiums to pay!
- RxCut Pharmacy Discount Program
- Doctor on Demand
- Qualsight LASIK Savings
- Perks at Work: G4S Employee Discount Program
- Alliant Credit Union
- Purchasing Power
- Active & Fit: G4S Fitness Center Membership
- FinFit: Financial Wellness Program
- DailyPay: Access your pay when you need it
G4S offers job security, excellent pay and benefits, and career opportunities. We offer entry level careers, management careers, sales careers and executive careers across the United States and internationally.
Role Responsibility:Specific Duties and Essential Functions
- Assume responsibility for the shift and personnel by providing supervision
- Conduct safety tailboards/shift briefing/pass downs
- Oversee the verification of security-related alarms, video management, and access control systems; provide situation updates to client management
- Provide information for investigative purposes by making use of data and information available in sensitive security
- Make decisions and exercise activities during high tension and stressful situations
- Conduct equipment health check testing prior to the start of each shift to ensure operational readiness; report all issues or concerns to the client
- Review paperwork and reports generated during the shift for accuracy and completeness
- Provide the site supervisor or operations, manager, and client, with an end of shift report at the end of each shift
- Utilize Microsoft Office programs to generate reports and access security-related information
- Perform the duties of an area supervisor or operations manager as needed
- Multi-task; including answering calls, computer typing, and documenting accordingly
- Collaborate with other members of the Corporate Security team and provide effective communications
The Ideal Candidate:Education, Licenses and Certifications Required
Type and Length of Specific Experience Required
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must possess a current and valid Bureau of Security and Investigative Services (BSIS) Security Officer License issued by the State of California
- Must have a current and valid California state driver's license
- Must possess one or more of the following:
- Prior Service in any Military Occupational Specialty or related to law enforcement
- Graduate of a Certified Public Safety Academy (military or civilian) in the law enforcement, adult corrections, or firefighter field
- In the process of obtaining, or have already obtained, an Associate's degree in law enforcement or criminal justice related studies
- A minimum of four (4) years of experience in customer service, security, or a supervisory position
- Must have strong interpersonal and communications skills and the ability to work effectively in a diverse environment
- Must possess problem solving, leadership and negotiation skills
- Ability to effect changes required for improvements
- De-Escalate conflict with tact, diplomacy (Verbal Judo)
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail
Physical Requirements and EnvironmentEnvironment: Indoor and outdoor, temperature ranges from moderate to extreme cold and heatMajor activity: Communicating, reporting, observing, questioning, documenting, access controlPhysical efforts to carry out job duties: Driving, standing, lifting, walking and sitting.
- Must be at least 21years old or the minimum age required by the state, if higher
- Must be able to be deployed for at least two (2) weeks at a time
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States
- Must be able to work flexible schedules and shifts.
- Must be able to operate a radio, telephone or other communication equipment.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must have basic computer and phone skills
- Subject to a drug screen to the extent permitted by law
- Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military
About the Company:EOE Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender IdentityG4S is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employerand an Alcohol- and Drug-Free WorkplaceG4S consider qualified applications with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws.If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action or Diversity and Inclusion, or have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, please contact our Corporate Human Resources Department at (800) 506-6265.To receive an update on your application status, please contact our local office by following this link:http://www.g4s.us/en/Contact-Us/Local-Offices