Heavy Equipment Operator
We are looking for an experienced Heavy Equipment Operator to work on Hill Air Force Based. Experienced operator would be primarily operating; Excavators, Loaders and Dozers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support to successful completion of construction and engineering work.
- Operate all heavy equipment like excavators, dozers, front-end loaders, and other related equipment.
- Obtain visual contact with obstructions and crew to avoid injury or property damage.
- Operate the equipment in the right direction and angles to prevent accidents and damage of property.
- Ensure and manage the machines or equipment in a safe and secure way.
- Perform periodical safety, maintenance or servicing checks to ensure proper functioning of the equipment.
- Perform minor repair works during functioning problems
- Inform and advise the management for major repairs or maintenance
- Drive and control the equipment per manufacture recommendations.
- Perform road work, excavation work, lifting work, etc.
- Respond to signals and directions by the crew and work in coordination with them.
- Maintain proper coordination and cooperation with the road and transport system while driving/working, so that the normal activities are not disrupted.
- Operate the equipment manually and also through the use of electronic or technical methods of operation.
- Work in adherence to safe practices, procedures, work site or traffic laws.
- Perform other duties, as and when assigned.
A heavy equipment operator must possess knowledge to perform his/her job satisfactorily. The essential criteria must include the knowledge of:
- Heavy equipment operation
- Maintenance and repair of heavy and power-driven equipment
- New methods and techniques of operation and the parts of the equipment
- Workplace safety practices
- Both manual and electronic operations
Skills and Abilities
- Must have physical ability to stand strenuous and dangerous work environmental
- Possess physical strength to operate heavy and power-driven equipment
- Ability to work in team environment as well as by themselves.
- Ability to communicate and interact both verbally visually as well as written
- A keen eye to details and good decision-making skills
- Manage to handle emergency situations, work pressure and stress
- Ability to complete work projects on time and in an effective manner
- Possess a deep analytical understanding and problem-solving skills
Devoted in following code of ethics;
- Can work independently with minimum supervision
- Good relationship building ability
- Flexible to work during odd hours
Educational and Experience Qualification
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
- Minimum of 2 years of verifiable heavy equipment experience,
- Knowledge of trench work and safety aides.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as blueprints, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Knowledge of installing underground utilities, i.e. Sewer, Water, Power conduit, storm drains and manholes.
- Ability to understand and use correct rigging and it's weight requirements.
Posting ID: 563598980Posted: 2020-09-29