Position will work in Signal Hill, CA office.
POSITION SUMMARY: Acts as the initial point of contact for callers for Tristar ICS, prepares and delivers (via either electronic or hard copy) Leave of Absence packet to employees, and forwards mail and phone calls to the appropriate Integrated Absence Specialist.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position serves as the integral contact between the injured employee and the TRISTAR Integrated Absence Specialist in the development and resolution of the disability claim.
As such the Intake Specialist will:
• Answer all incoming calls on multiple lines
• Accurately document each call and the outcome in the reporting system in an efficient, clear, and concise manner
• Query claims system
• Prepare Leave of Absence packets for callers
• Deliver via computer or hard copy Leave of Absence packet to caller
• Receive correspondence (via electronic or hard copy) from employees
• Forward correspondence to appropriate Integrated Absence Specialist
• Forward calls to the appropriate Integrated Absence Specialist
• Monitor client emails and review with supervisor for further action
• Collects incoming email and distributes to the appropriate Integrate Absence staff
• Collects outgoing mail, prepare mail, place in appropriate area for pick-up
• Operates fax machine/e-fax for incoming and outgoing messages. Distributes faxes to receiving party
• Sends and receives shipped parcels and packages via courier and shipping vendors.
Other duties as assigned
Computer, fax, 10-Key, multi-line telephone system
SPECIAL EQUIPMENT OR CLOTHING: Business attire
Education: High school diploma required.
Experience: One year of working in a medical or claims office environment preferred, but not required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Excellent communication and customer service skills to be able to communicate with clients and branch personnel in a respectful and timely manner. Must be able to multi-task.
Mental and Physical Requirements:
• Follow multiple-step verbal and written instructions to complete routine, repetitive tasks
• Mathematical skills - add, subtract, multiply and divide whole numbers
• Ability to compose professional, cohesive, and concise correspondence
• Ability to organize data, file paperwork, mail correspondence and packages
• Physical effort - light work, exerting up to 20 pounds of force (moving boxes and binders)
• Computer typing and otherwise working with fingers requires finger dexterity
• Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word
• Substantial movements of wrists, hands and fingers
Posting ID: 576553658Posted: 2020-10-19