Repairs and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment such as motors pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, production machines and equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(These duties are not limited, there may be additional responsibilities added.)
1. Observes packaging/processing equipment/machinery electronic/mechanical to determine cause of malfunction.
2. Performs necessary tasks to equipment/machinery to repair/remove defective parts.
3. May perform a variety of electrical/mechanical tests to determine exact cause of issue.
4. Track issues relating to an automated process system to determine why specific quality issues are happening with product.
5. Make necessary adjusts with process & machine operators to ensure proper operations of machines/equipment/control instruments.
6. Installs/repair special functional and structural parts in automated system.
7. Perform (Preventative Maintenance) PM's as instructed on all equipment/machinery/facility.
8. Initiates purchase orders for parts and machines.
9. Make necessary electrical installations and/or repairs.
10. Operates and services plant boilers and other heating, ventilation and air conditioning type equipment.
11. Works with each department providing necessary mechanical support to ensure day-to-day maintenance issues are resolved.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities
Education and Training
1. One-year certificate from college or technical school, or 3-5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Demonstrates a mechanical and electrical aptitude and commitment to continued education through on-the-job training and supported technical school training. Additional education and/or training will be determined by an assessment of the individual's current skills.
1. Must have proven experience in mechanical, electrical and electronic maintenance activities.
2. Must have the ability to demonstrate working knowledge of mechanical/electrical principles/concepts.
3. Must be able to perform each "essential duty and responsibility" satisfactorily.
4. Have the ability to read/comprehend instructions given thru electronic/mechanical instruction books.
5. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and/or small group situations.
6. Ability to ad, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
7. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
8. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral and/or diagram form.
9. Ability to deal with problems involving several variables.
1. Must be able to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb and balance, stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl, talk and hear, occasionally sit, and frequently lift up to 25 pounds and occasionally 50 pounds. Must have excellent color vision.
1. Team Member may be exposed to hot, wet and/or humid conditions; fumes, chemicals and/or airborne particles.
2. Must be able to climb and work at heights and/or enclosed spaces working with various tools and/or equipment.
3. The noise level usually requires hearing protection.