Under minimal supervision, the Maintenance Technician supports individual retail and wholesale locations by troubleshooting, repairing and performing preventive maintenance services pertaining to malfunctioning and broken convenience store equipment.
- Prioritizes work schedule to minimize retail operation downtime based on daily work orders received via email, text, phone, and the automated dispatch system.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Inspects and fixes malfunctioning convenience store equipment which includes determining and rectifying the root cause by utilizing general departmental guidelines, personal knowledge, equipment manuals and other devices,
- Appends, resolves, and closes each service call through the dispatch system.
- Repairs or replaces defective parts utilizing inventory maintained in service vehicle.
- Utilizes warehouse and local store accounts to obtain parts as needed.
- Contacts Maintenance Dispatcher and Supervisor when problems require outside contractor assistance, is a re-occurring event, or parts needed that can't be obtained locally and are required to be ordered.
- Provides troubleshooting help and analysis of equipment by inspecting and diagnosing possible causes. Notifies appropriate personnel regarding estimated time frame for repair. Consults with supervisor for major repairs.
- Follows up to ensure affected systems are still functional after previous repair or preventative maintenance was performed.
- Carries an emergency cell phone and responds to all calls within the dispatch system's prescribed time frame.
- Prepares and completes a work order document for each dispatched call.
- Ensures all repairs are performed effectively and efficiently by accurately defining the issues, writing clear scopes of the work, and analyzing bids before implementing the final resolution.
- Performs other duties or tasks as it relates to the job that may be assigned.
- Performs routine store maintenance which includes painting and general repairs.
- 21 years of age or older
- Valid Driver's License
- Access to a car or other motorized vehicle
- Liability insurance on such vehicle
- Good driving record
- High School diploma, GED, or previous experience
- Ability to work overtime, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English
- Detail oriented
- Time management skills
Posting ID: 560716773Posted: 2020-09-02