Albertsons/Acme is working to become the favorite food and drug retailer in every market it serves. The organization includes 2,230 stores, 27 distribution facilities and 19 manufacturing plants with over 250,000 employees across 34 states and the District of Columbia. The company is privately owned with supermarkets across the country that include: Albertsons, Safeway, Vons, Pavilions, Randalls, Tom Thumb, Carrs, ACME, Jewel-Osco, Lucky, Shaw's, Star Market, Super Saver, United Supermarkets, Market Street and Amigos.
Supervise warehouse shipping, receiving, and/or replenishment activities and personnel on one shift to ensure that all functions are performed within Company, Distribution Center, and Department guidelines.
**Please note this position has a shift schedule from 1:00 PM - 10:00 PM. Days can vary.**
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Control production standards and accuracy of shipments. Maintain daily production and accuracy records.
- Ensure the most economical and efficient use of equipment and personnel to accomplish assigned work.
- Recommend and implement improvements, under the direction of the Warehouse Manager, to promote efficiency, faster service, and lower costs. Authorize and approve overtime, and work to control costs.
- Evaluate equipment needs and make recommendations for equipment purchases to the Warehouse Manager.
- Work with Inventory Control Coordinator regarding warehouse space allocation, slotting of merchandize and general inventory control procedures.
- Ensure that safety, security, sanitation, and pest control codes, laws, and policies are adhered to by all warehouse personnel on a daily basis. Report any violations problems to the Warehouse Manager.
- Maintain good working relationships with Warehouse Management personnel, Transportation Department personnel, Buyers, Store Directors, brokers and salespeople.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Warehouse Manager.
- With Manager's approval, responsible for personnel actions to include hiring, terminations, layoff. Review and evaluate work of subordinates and prepare performance reports.
- Assign employees to jobs; instruct them in proper performance of work; and familiarize them with Company rules and regulations.
- Determine the need for, coordinate, and evaluate formal training activities and on-the-job training programs.
- Familiarize employees with Company rules and regulations and with personnel policies and procedures. Ensure adherence to policies by all employees. Monitor and report any unauthorized activities to the Warehouse Operations Manager.
- Possess strong general knowledge of all warehousing operations, with prior work experience to include lead person or supervisory duties, preferably with the Parent Company.
- Possess good supervisory skills and the ability to work with and through others to achieve desired results.
- Possess good communication skills, both verbal and written. Ability to read and interpret computerized reports.
- Requires the analytical ability to handle administrative duties and mental alertness to ensure accurate, safe, and thorough completion of work activities. Possess the ability to concentrate and deal with frequent interruptions.
- Work is performed under typical warehouse conditions. Potential hazards exist with regard to machinery such as forklifts, pallet jacks, mechanized systems, movement of tractors and trailers, etc. Work environment is hectic and fast paced.
Posting ID: 581102100Posted: 2020-12-03