For 70 years, Kelly Services has provided outstanding employment opportunities to the most talented individuals in the marketplace. Today, we are proud to offer a temporary contract Machine Operator
position for a well-known pharmaceutical company in Lancaster, PA.
This position is not recruited by the local branch, must apply to this job posting to be considered.
JOB TITLE: Machine Operator - MUST have GMP exp with food/pharma/dairy/etc
LOCATION: Lancaster, PA
LENGTH OF ASSIGNMENT: Top workers have the possibility to be extended to 2 Years based on production and work performance.
SHIFT HOURS: 2nd Shift: 2pm - 10:30am and 3rd 10p-630a Sun-Thur
PAY RATE: $20.00/hour
SUMMARY: As a Manufacturing Machine Operator you will operate all manufacturing equipment/machinery involved in the batch production of over-the-counter pharmaceutical products in accordance with approved manufacturing procedures. You will maintain accurate records/documentation related to work in progress. Clean equipment, perform in process quality checks, as well as basic changeover tasks including purge, clean and setup.
Responsible for assembling and/or producing products according to detailed manufacturing processes of increased complexity. Accountable for adhering to all quality and safety guidelines.
- Identify and elevate all immediate and potential quality, safety, or environmental issues (material, procedure, and process) as observed
- Perform appropriate SAP transactions
- Retrieve required materials per BOM to complete the packaging order
- Follow all applicable SOPs and batch records
- Process raw materials according to volumes identified on the batch record
- Follow all steps/instructions in batch records and standard operating procedures (SOP’s)
- Maintain an updated and current training record (adhere to training timelines in Compliance Wire, etc)
- Participate in Safety initiatives and programs
- Return unused materials to appropriate point-of-use storage area
- Clean equipment per SOPs using manual and automated methods
- Maintain area sanitization (including drains)
- Performs manufacturing processes of increased complexity/responsibility/criticality, for example Processing/Compression, machine changeover, setup, breakdown, basic PM’s
- Assembles various materials into subassemblies or finished products using appropriate tools and equipment, in accordance with approved manufacturing procedures
- Maintains accurate records/documentation related to work in progress
- Performs in process quality checks on sub assemblies and finished products
- Works with production supervisor and/or engineers to resolve line issues, and participate in investigations
- Assists with basic maintenance of tools or equipment and advises supervisor of needed repairs
- Advises production supervisor of line issues
- Notifies supervisor when tools or equipment need maintenance or repairs
- Performs training of other operators in some basic manufacturing processes
- Participate in team meetings
- Work as a team member with Team Leaders and PRT members for process family line to ensure process outcomes (Business Unit results) are achieved
- Operate equipment and conduct work based on established and certified cGMP, Safety & Environmental practices
- Assist in updating batch records and SOPs as requested
- Assist in updating One Right Way (ORW) documentation
- Share work knowledge/expertise with fellow team members
- Trains other operators in basic manufacturing processes.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Qualifications must include:
- High School degree or GED required.
- 2 - 4 years of experience in the manufacturing operation for the food, dairy, or pharmaceutical industry required (GMP experience).
- Previous high-speed packaging equipment experience highly preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required.
- Basic computer skills, including Windows Operating Systems and applications or equivalent required.
- Experience with computerized materials management and document tracking systems
- Must be able to frequently lift/carry 1-10 lbs, and occasionally lift/carry 11-50lbs.
- Must be able to lift from the ground to knees and waist and from the waist to shoulders.
This position is recruited for by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. To be considered for this position, submit your resume through the job board this process.
As a worker today, it's up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what's next is what we're all about. We know what's going on in the evolving world of work-just ask the nearly 500,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.