Big Sky Service Co specializes in general trades work including interior build outs, rough and trim carpentry, drywall, store fixtures, millwork, and more. Our motivated and high performing team members are trusted by first-rate contractors to achieve quality results for clients across Michigan and surrounding states. We are actively seeking leaders and crew members who are passionate about their trade and looking for an opportunity to succeed.
Responsible for designing, building, installing, and repairing structures, fixtures, and other items using different types of materials including wood and steel.
- Prepare the layout of the project.
- Estimate height, width, length, and other proportions.
- Work with blueprints or instructions from supervisors.
- Work with materials such as wood, steel, plastic, fiberglass, or drywall.
- Utilize chisels, planes, saws, drills, and sanders to repair and erect structures.
- Join materials with nails, screws, staples, or adhesives.
- Check work along the way to ensure it's up to code and specifications.
- Use levels, rules, plumb bobs, framing squares, and surveying equipment to ensure everything is level and secure.
- Install cabinets and molding.
- Remodel businesses.
- Create structures for pouring concrete.
- Erect scaffolding.
- Replace panes of glass, ceiling tiles, and doors.
- Install partitions, doors, and windows.
- Proven experience as carpenter
- Hands-on experience in working with carpentry materials
- Excellent understanding of carpentry techniques and methods of installation and construction
- Proficient in using electrical and manual equipment and measurement tools (powered saws, hammers, rulers etc.)
- Ability to read technical documents and drawings
- Willingness to follow safety guidelines at all times
- Motivated and self-disciplined
- Ability to work both independently and in a team setting
- Reliable and punctual
- Previous experience in the commercial construction industry preferred.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation based on skills and experience.
- Health benefits after 90 days of hire Multiple health plan options available from Blue Cross Blue Shield and Blue Care Network. HSA option with applicable plans.
- Dental & Vision options
- Complimentary $10,000 Basic Life AD&D
- Voluntary additional Basic Life AD&D and Accident coverage
- Opportunities for advancement and professional growth
It is the policy of this company to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, we will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Posting ID: 564041259Posted: 2020-08-07