Purpose of Job
Uses quantitative and qualitative analysis to provide thought-leadership on evolving industry trends, market developments, USAA's strategic direction, regulatory environment, and macroeconomic trends for the business unit. Provides insights and information-based context for key stakeholders in the business unit to effectively manage, influence, and impact line of business strategy.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
USAA Careers - Award Winning Workplace (17 seconds)
USAA Careers - World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
- Collaborates with stakeholders to identify key business assumptions and hypotheses around line of business strategy.
- Assists experienced Business Strategy Analysts and other subject matter experts with refining hypotheses and identifying business questions to explore further.
- Develops the analytical framework and blueprint to answer business questions identified in the business portfolio, product, or member experience.
- Collaborates with key stakeholders to evaluate and uncover strategic insights related to Profit & Loss performance including Product Strategy, Pricing, Marketing, Sales, Credit Risk, Distribution Channels, and Member Experience.
- Leverages advanced data-driven problem-solving techniques to manipulate and interpret business data.
- Translates findings into insights for strategy management and execution.
- Prepares materials that help communicate the significance of the strategic insights to senior leaders and other key stakeholders.
- May participate in key stakeholder meetings.
- Assess and analyze the impacts of proposed business and delivery process changes to our contact center channel, i.e. call volume, average handle time, etc.
- Propose incremental and decremental shifts to projected call volumes and contact center staffing needs based on analysis-driven forecasts.
- Perform post-mortem analysis to test impact forecast accuracy.
- Organize and maintain a library of past business and delivery process changes to increase learning and further refine future impact sizing of similar efforts.
- Develop and manage a change capacity framework for the bank contact center to create greater visibility and control of the timing and volume of process changes experienced by the MSR workforce.
- Deliver presentations and provide recommendations to executive leadership.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Science, Finance, Economics or related discipline OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 4 or more years of experience in data/analytics, strategy consulting, or related business experience, OR Master's Degree in Business, Science, Finance, Economics or related discipline AND 2 or more years of experience in data/analytics, strategy consulting, or related business experience.
- Project management experience.
- Experience with hypotheses-driven problem solving.
- Experience in data analysis.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- Proficient in SAS or SQL.
- Strong command of statistical functions, pivot tables, and graphs.
- Tableau experience preferred.
- 2 years' experience either in or supporting a bank contact center environment.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager's approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 6/18/20 by 11:59 pm CST time.