Req ID: 171645
BASIC PURPOSE: A Field Construction Project Manager is responsible for the coordination of all construction activities associated with building a new store.
- Act as the primary point of contact on projects.
- Schedule and coordinate activities relating to projects and adhere to keep project within budget.
- Manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Monitor progress and quality of construction by visiting store construction sites.
- Interpret plans and specs.
- Provide functional expertise and counseling to contractors.
- Interact and provide guidance to outside architects, engineers, and permitting authorities.
- Meet onsite with utility companies, city/county managers, and engineers to discuss field related issues.
- Manage scope of work by identification of change conditions or work outside the scope.
- Support Love's Construction team in day-to-day project management.
- Handle warranty and maintenance issues with office and contractors.
- Ensure owner supplied items are scheduled and delivered on time.
- Complete weekly progress reports of projects and communicate with Supervisor of Construction about progress.
- Qualify and hire contractors.
- Travel to project sites.
- Handle other duties assigned as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- HS Diploma or equivalent required.
- 4-year degree in architecture, project management, engineering or related discipline is required.
- 1-2 years' experience in the construction industry preferred.
SKILLS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Hard skills: Computer Skills, Microsoft Office, and Microsoft Access
- Soft Skills: Strong communication and organizational skills required
- Typical Physical Demands:
- Requires prolonged sitting, some bending and stooping.
- Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to operate a computer keyboard and calculator.
- Requires normal range of hearing and vision.
- Overnight travel required.
Job Function(s): Operations
Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores is the industry-leading travel stop network in the United States. For more than 55 years, we've provided customers with highway hospitality and "Clean Places, Friendly Faces." We're passionate about serving drivers with clean, modern facilities stocked with fuel, food and supplies. We offer meals from popular restaurant chains, trucking supplies, showers and everything needed to get back on the road quickly. The Love's Family of Companies includes:
- Gemini Motor Transport, one of the industry's safest trucking fleets
- Speedco, the light mechanical and trucking service specialists
- Musket, a rapidly growing, Houston-based commodities supplier and trader
- Trillium, a Houston-based alternative fuels expert
Posting ID: 563901418Posted: 2020-08-04