Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you're looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
As a Lift Operator you are responsible for the safety of our guests while they are loading, riding, and unloading our chairlifts. Choose day or night shifts! Either way, you will get to embrace the Stevens Pass mountain culture of being able to ski or ride every day!
Stevens Pass premier geographic location at the crest of the Cascades grants us cooler and drier snow than other areas in the state with an average of 460” of snowfall each year! We have the best of everything here: Open from 9am until 10pm, with 6 lifts spinning at night, terrain parks, steep and jagged ridges, vast tree skiing and excellent backcountry access. Over 89% of the 1,125 acres is intermediate/advanced. Apply today! But first, watch some videos, look at our trail map, then read the requirements below.
Check out these must watch videos: Stevens Passion Video Series, The Winter at Stevens Pass, Patrol’s Helicopter Avy Mitigation, and Subcribe to Stevens YouTube Channel
Responsibilities Include, but are not limited to:
- Monitor the operations of the lift continually and notify the appropriate personnel of any problems or unusual conditions.
- Perform maintenance checks, line inspections, and document dispatch clearance times with state inspected logs.
- Use a variety of tools to sweep seats, shovel snow, and grade surface areas around the loading zone. Maintain a safe work area, i.e. ramp heights, tools stored, mazes set up etc.
- Set up rope and pole mazes using drills and fence post pounders. Install mesh fencing and ANSI signage.
- Identify and group appropriate number of guests in an efficient and effective manner.
- Welcome and greet guests as they enter line queues, assist as needed, make eye contact, listen to and respond appropriately to every guest's needs and/or questions, in person, outside of the lift building.
- Master the repetitive motion of holding the chair as guests sit down.
- Physically assist children and handicapped skiers onto chairlifts.
- Follow and perform all company and departmental procedures, i.e. punctuality, attendance, dress and grooming standards, etc.
- Abide by operational procedures, i.e. opening procedures, downloading procedures, last carrier protocol, etc.
- Adhere to ski/ride policies, i.e. Responsibility Code, designated trails, skiing/riding on and off the clock etc.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Comfortable with seeing/hearing/feeling explosions used for avalanche mitigation.
- Be able to lift 50 lbs., climb, balance, kneel, crouch, crawl, stand, walk, push, pull, grasp, feel, hear, see, and perform repetitive motions.
- Ski or snowboard at an intermediate level. If not you will be assigned to lifts that do not require you to ski or ride to get to your work station.
- Free Ski passes for employees and eligible dependents
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Free ski lessons
- Daily $5 employee meal
- Discounted lodging, food, gear and mountain shuttles
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits plans (full-time positions) after achieving 1500 hours with the company
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Training and professional development
Do you love the mountains and wonder what it would be like to work at a mountain resort? Looking to try something new and learn how to ski, snowboard or downhill mountain bike? Are you looking to meet new friends from all over the country and world? If you answered yes to any of these questions, we invite you to come join our community at Stevens Pass today! Why not work where you play, and let Stevens Pass be your office. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 246969