Current Compassus Colleagues: Please apply via Workday. As a Compassus nurse, you have the autonomy to utilize your nursing skills. You are invited into patients' homes and lives during trying times and have the honor to become a trusted face. For many of our team members, this is more than a career- it's a calling.
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of others? Join our team today as an On Call Licensed Practical Nurse to positively impact the experiences of patients and families. Position Summary
The On Call Licensed Practical Nurse provides on call nursing visits to ensure appropriate, timely and effective nursing care. As the On Call LPN, you will help the patient and family maintain their maximum level of comfort and coping, flex your schedule to meet agency-staffing needs and provide after hours emergency support to the patient and family. Principal Accountabilities
- Perform assessment and identify patient and family needs
- Administer medications, treatments, etc.
- Inform Director of Clinical Services, RN Case Manager, or Call Team of patient's needs and condition changes
- Maintain documentation and communication
- Provide assistance with emergency and temporary staffing needs
- Educate patient and family
Education and/or Experience
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, to include some evenings and weekends
- Ability to travel to patient homes and nursing facilities
- Ability to work with patients who are terminally ill and their family members
High school Diploma or General Education Degree. Current nursing license for the specified state and minimum two years full time experience as a LPN; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in skilled nursing, preferably in hospice, home health care, oncology or emergency care. Certifications, Licenses and Registrations
Licensed Practical Nurse in the state of employment. A valid driver's license and auto liability insurance.
Compassus, including all Compassus affiliates, complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. Compassus, including all Compassus affiliates, does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.
Posting ID: 555281286Posted: 2020-07-14