Under the direction of the Nurse Manager, provide nursing unit with efficient and appropriate assistance with selected patient and unit needs. May also perform a variety of clerical duties and various tasks to provide a well-supplied, safe, and clean patient unit. Possess direct access to drug products and secure medication locations in order to manage the storage. , handling, and disposal of medications consistent with the Medication Storage and Handling Policy.
1) Participates in admission process for patients including room set up after EVS clean to ensure room is ready for next patient.
2) Greets patient upon arrival and complete standard admission tasks.
3) Participates in assisting the patient with readiness for discharge gathering patient belongings, including items from pharmacy or the safe, assist patient with getting dressed.
4) Completes room strip down after discharge.
5) Returns meds to pharmacy return bin from med cart.
6) Completes medication conveyance per Medication Storage and Handling Policy.
7) Completes hourly rounding for patient experience on all assigned patients to include safety checks per unit standards utilizing a rounding script/checklist.
8) Delivers meal trays and set patients up to eat.
9) Sets patients up and assist patients with the completion of personal care and provide clean hospital gown, and change linens .
10) Performs patient sitting for patients requiring 1:1 after successful completion of required learning activities.
11) Assists with lifting, positioning, and dressing of patients.
12) Perform quality checks of glucometers every 24 hours.
13) Answers call lights and direct patient needs to appropriate resources.
14) Stocks equipment from central location to nurse server as needed to ensure unit is well supplied and monitor for expired supplies.
15) Assists with the maintenance of overall unit organization and cleanliness.
16) Answers phones and handle calls appropriately.
17) Admits/Discharges patients from central station. Maintains chart information that is up to date, organized, and in compliance with Health Information Services (HIS) requirements.
18) Performs other duties as required or assigned.
School Graduate or GED equivalent.
years or older.
ability to function in a past paced work environment with excellent
organizational, customer service, and prioritization skills required
ability to work collaboratively with a multi-disciplinary team to provide high
quality care to patients
Required Licensure/Certification Skills:
Posting ID: 609930838Posted: 2021-03-02